Technical Crankshaft pulley

Currently reading:
Technical Crankshaft pulley

gr0mit

Hi all Do I need to lock timing to replace timing end crankshaft pulley

Not knowing which engine this is...

The base FIRE motors are all pretty simple Panda 1108 image

1248mj.. not something Ive worked on BUT ITS A CHAIN

1.6 /1.9 The outer pulley is rubber damped..and these tend to get noisy with age
Not sure you could disturb belt timing changing that though

@gr0mit
How did you get on with this last summer?

Any pointers :)

Last edited:
Hi . How I did it was to raise front remove wheel obviously. I then put it in fifth gear and lodged a bit of 3x3 between brake pedal and front seat. It is as someone stated a right hand thread. Easy if you have a rattle gun . Or otherwise it's a breaker bar. One tip the centre piece behind the flywheel witch the flywheel bolts fit in is replaceable. I replaced mine along with the oil seal. It unfortunately leaked again . Put my old one back in and another new oil seal and now works fine. Good luck . Further info available if required gromit

1.3 multijet. Fiat FIORINO diesel van
I was replacing timing end seal . Left in gear and brakes jammed on til I finished the job . All working well

1.3 multijet. Fiat FIORINO diesel van
I was replacing timing end seal . Left in gear and brakes jammed on til I finished the job . All working well
Assuming it is the 1.3 multijet as fitted to 06 Grande Punto I had to replace timing chain etc. and bought all the locking tools.
Best to use locking tools if a multijet chain driven bottom pulley as is "free wheeling" so a new crank pulley bolt is essential to hold it at correct timing, also was very tight.
The actual pulley was held on with small bolts as I recall then behind that was a square section piece held with the reverse thread bolt that does all the securing. Very tight, I held it with a three foot Stilson jammed against the road and a long 3/4 drive bar with extension, once cracked then I refitted the timing locking tools so as not to damage them as they are only locating devices and when job finishing retorqued it on the return using a decent Britool Torque wrench.

Back