Technical coupe

Currently reading:
Technical coupe

dickyg

hi can anyone help me. just bourght my 20v turbo and fitted new timing belt clutch front mount intercooler induction pipe scorpion full system and boost gauge running about 15 psi is that about right cos the car does not feel as agresive as it was. the front mount is 3x biger than standard and will lose a bit of power so i have ordered a gtec 2 has any one got one of these how hard is it to fit and what sort of power should i get from it also what is prv/mbc and i have heard that the coupes have a self learning ecu is that true or will it need to be remaped or just a good rr tune thanks help is appericeated (y)

Last edited:
The car will struggle. FMIC is usually accompanied by a hybred turbo.
you would be better running the original Side,Mounted InterCooler as otherwise you will have a lot of waiting as the turbo tries to spool up.

Have you removed the catalytic converter? If so it will put strain on an old say 60k plus mileage turbo.

as well as using this site, also check out www.fccuk.org/forum

many thanks and no have not removed the cat yet for that reason got to save up some pennys to get the hybrid where can i get one and what cost are they. having a bit of greif with her at the moment blown up the manifold again pre 98 ones are rubbish bourght the revised one off ebay last night mint condition for a bargin price happy days hopfully this one lasts more than a week as thats all i got out of this last one:bang:.is it worth having my turbo rebuilt to a higher spec or just go for the hybrid(y)

Manifolds are a weak point. I think the revised one has less bracing between exhaust ports. As they crack at this point due to the expansion of the metal.

There are a few choices of Turbo, depending on what you want from it.
some owners go for one that spools up faster which makes the car even more drivable. Others go for the larger turbo's that give top end power.
Before you go any further you should decide what you want from your car and how much BHP you want.
GT28R or GT28RS are highly praised turbo's used in conjunction with your FMIC, also use a boost controller and have a live map done.

I'd definately put a post on the coupe forum in the tuning section as there are a lot of people who have been or in your position.

Back