Technical Coupe wishbones on brava

Currently reading:
Technical Coupe wishbones on brava

Courty89

Hi everyone,
sent my w reg 1.2 brava in for mot the other day and passed first time which was great but with one advisory, minimal play in o/s front ball joint. now as most of you know this means in the near future i will have to replace the o/s front wishbone and also chances are the n/s front wishbone isnt far behind so i have decided to change both. the thing is i dont just like to replace, i like to upgrade, so i've been thinking of putting some front wishbones from a coupe 20vt on, pictures ive seen sugest to me that they will bolt straight on no hastle just a set of camber bolts to correct the camber change, the idea is to increase front track for better road holding (even though it good anyway), i just dont want to buy them and find there exactly the same as the brava ones. has anyone done this before who could share some knowlage? cheers for looking

cool cheers mate, just to add to ur thread, is your car lowered??? if you lower the car after fitting the wishbones the length of the drive shaft will be reduced so falling out shouldnt be a problem, did you measure how much longer these wishbones were?

cheers

Its very much lowered :)

Seen them side by side, there's a noticeable difference alright. I think the balljoint may be bigger, however I may be wrong on that part. Whether or not they'd make the shafts fall out is another thing. I decided against it due to the excessive tyre wear I'd have to put up with plus the car is my daily driver. Best to experiment with a set from a scrappy's first and see how they work for you :)

very true with the scrapy idea, i have a friend with a scrapy and he's got a marea 20v buried in the corner, so might pinch those ones, to solve the tyre wear issue a set of camber bolts or universal adjustable top mounts or both would sort it, if tyres wear on inner edge add positive camber or toe-in on tracking, with this amout of adjustment tyre wear issues should be a thing of the past plus setup can be changed for a track visit etc... these are my aims as i want to track day my brava when i get a new family car

Back