Technical Coolant temperature sensor replacement?!

Currently reading:
Technical Coolant temperature sensor replacement?!

fiatdriver19

Hello everyone
First of all i have to say that i am really grateful for this forum and the helpful people in here. Now that being said, i come again with another issue regarding the coolant temperature sensor on my fiat punto Mk2 1.2. After locating the green sensor on the right side of the engine i noticed that i can not unscrew the green sensor since some plastic teeth are in the way. see picture below. So should i buy the whole plastic enclosure with the sensor or just the green sensor and break those plastic teeth to unscrew it? Sorry if i'm not too technical here but ikd what to call those. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1717174319811_1b.jpg
    1717174319811_1b.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 129
Well, you could, I think. You will need to cut down those plastic teeth so you can take down your sensor and put on the new one.

Thanks for the reply, is there a way i can buy just the sensor and screw it?
That sensor comes as part as the housing for the particular inlet manifold of your car. I have the 16V and the sensor can be unscrewed.

To get the housing out you undo the 2? bolts nearby and then knock the housing downwards. It slides out. You dont need to take the inlet manifold off

That sensor comes as part as the housing for the particular inlet manifold of your car. I have the 16V and the sensor can be unscrewed.

To get the housing out you undo the 2? bolts nearby and then knock the housing downwards. It slides out. You dont need to take the inlet manifold off
Thanks man, i'll buy the whole assembly then. One question tho, do i need to use silicone sealant for the new housing?

No, the sensor comes with new gasket. That's enough. I've changed mine this summer and I didn't used silicone and it works just fine.

The head is 13 mm.
But you don't need to replace the bolts, if that's why you're asking. Just use the ones you have and tighten them carefully because it's aluminum where you screw them in.

I did remove coolant and it wasn't much. I think I've extracted 1 litre from the expansion vessel/radiator.

Back