General Converting Fiat Ducato comformatic gearbox to manual

Currently reading:
General Converting Fiat Ducato comformatic gearbox to manual

HI did all of the above backed up proxi unplugged transmission ecu and wiring harness for the robot. Then ran proxi alignment which went through the motions of writing to various modules and came up complete turn ignition off . Now when i try to start the van there are no check transmission warnings but the engine will not crank because the immobiliser light is on. So i have put the old proxi back in and i'm now back to square one.

HI did all of the above backed up proxi unplugged transmission ecu and wiring harness for the robot. Then ran proxi alignment which went through the motions of writing to various modules and came up complete turn ignition off . Now when i try to start the van there are no check transmission warnings but the engine will not crank because the immobiliser light is on. So i have put the old proxi back in and i'm now back to square one.
well problem sorted:LOL:
just another to solve. Over to the imobiliser experts:censored::censored:
must be an imobiliser link? to get it to start did you connect the wires up or just restore the backup proxi

without knowelgable advice i would get a copy of the proxi without connections and connect again without doing a proxy and. now what happens? all perfect?
this is all semi educated guesswork

Last edited:
well problem sorted:LOL:
just another to solve. Over to the imobiliser experts:censored::censored:
must be an imobiliser link? to get it to start did you connect the wires up or just restore the backup proxi

without knowelgable advice i would get a copy of the proxi without connections and connect again without doing a proxy and. now what happens? all perfect?
this is all semi educated guesswork
just done proxi with ecu disconnected and immobiliser light is still on but check transmission light and warning have gone off. Plugged ecu back in and now it will start but the oddometer is flashing and reving the engine is a bit odd it will rev up but then creep down to 2000rpm

just done proxi with ecu disconnected and immobiliser light is still on but check transmission light and warning have gone off. Plugged ecu back in and now it will start but the oddometer is flashing and reving the engine is a bit odd it will rev up but then creep down to 2000rpm
Hi there, any news on progress with this?
I'm very interested in doing this, the mechanical side is straight forward but the electronics is my stumbling block. Really hope you get it fully resolved & let us know.

Hi there, any news on progress with this?
I'm very interested in doing this, the mechanical side is straight forward but the electronics is my stumbling block. Really hope you get it fully resolved & let us know.
Hi no resolve as yet. By all accounts the bcm needs reprogramming just in the process of finding someone that can do it. I will keep you informed.

Hello, I am at the same level of conversion to manual. I programmed the BCM with the ALFAOBD program. I reprogrammed the engine ECU with the software from the manual and turned off the immo. Unfortunately, the tachometer shows "0" if the transmission controller is disconnected. Do you have any solution? I suspect differences in the CAN installation

Hello, I am at the same level of conversion to manual. I programmed the BCM with the ALFAOBD program. I reprogrammed the engine ECU with the software from the manual and turned off the immo. Unfortunately, the tachometer shows "0" if the transmission controller is disconnected. Do you have any solution? I suspect differences in the CAN installation
Hi does your vehicle now drive ok without been in limp mode and your only problem is that you have no tachometer?

Sorry, I have not looked into any details of such a conversion, have just seen a succesfull case reported but not described in a German forum. So it definitely seems to be possible.
Well the lead arrived and it connected to the BCM and came up with this vehicle is set up properly no proxi alignment needed.
clicked F7 for adjustments expecting to see a list in proxi alignment procedure window and theres nothing there.Do you think that i need to purchase the full version or should it work on the registered version?? Any ideas anyone.
Hi there,
I'm considering doing this conversion on our 2008 3.0 ducato. Do you have a shopping list of the parts you used in the conversion? Thanks Stuart,

Hi there,
I'm considering doing this conversion on our 2008 3.0 ducato. Do you have a shopping list of the parts you used in the conversion? Thanks Stuart,

Yes, for those considering such a conversion it would be very valuable with a description or listing of all required actions and needed parts. I hope someone will post one in the near future.

Hi just in the process of converting our Fiat Ducato comformatic gearbox to manual but when remove the robot van won't start any ideas?
Hi there,
We are going through the same issue with our 2008 x250 3.0 ducato. Over 12months off road I'm Considering the same conversion .
How did you go with the electrical side of it? I have a fair idea of what I need on the mechanical side. I presume you need a clutch switch for cruise deactivation etc. Sorry for all the questions but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Hi there,
We are going through the same issue with our 2008 x250 3.0 ducato. Over 12months off road I'm Considering the same conversion .
How did you go with the electrical side of it? I have a fair idea of what I need on the mechanical side. I presume you need a clutch switch for cruise deactivation etc. Sorry for all the questions but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,
Hi the conversion to manual is straight forward we got our van driving spot on but was in limp mode. We then spent hours on the phone talking to various mappers, tuners and ecu programmers also had a few firms come out and spend some time on it but no joy. From what I can gather the engine ecu and the transmission ecu work together and one wont work without the other. We've put ours back to automatic for now while someone comes up with a solution. Hope this helps.

Hi the conversion to manual is straight forward we got our van driving spot on but was in limp mode. We then spent hours on the phone talking to various mappers, tuners and ecu programmers also had a few firms come out and spend some time on it but no joy. From what I can gather the engine ecu and the transmission ecu work together and one wont work without the other. We've put ours back to automatic for now while someone comes up with a solution. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply
I was hoping you had better news. Well that stopped me buying components. Back to drawing board.

Yes, I am thinking it will need either a manual ECU or get the ECU cloned to a manual one.
Ecu from a manual scrapper perhaps?

Back