General Congestion Charge Deadline 28 June 2013

Currently reading:
General Congestion Charge Deadline 28 June 2013

TA drivers living around London...

The new Ultra Low Emission Discount comes into play on 1st July 2013 reducing discounts to 75g/km, its may be worth regestring your TA before 28 June 2013 at the cost of £10 pa. Pretty good deal if there is any inclination to drive into london over this or coming years but up to 26 June 2015 - confirm the dates...

You will have to pay £10 every year - so only 2 yrs and a bit left
You can not transfer benefit to the new owner

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/roads/congestioncharging
also read
https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/roads/5503a5b6
form can be found here
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/greener-vehicle-discount-application-form.pdf

Last edited:
Quick question; if you have a residents permit in London isnt the congestion charge heavily discounted anyway?

Yes, 90 off I think (at least it was originally - may well have changed though).
Yes i checked 90% off which isnt that bad to be honest so thats what about 1 pound a day? Lets not forget nighttime and weekends don't count so just take the tube to work like everyone seems to do in London!

Remember it's rather draconian to register as involves form filling, I've got a set at home

I remember when it came in there were all sorts of schemes and scams that people reckoned would avoid it. My favourite was re-registering your car with DVLA as an ambulance, which then made you exempt. I wonder if anyone tried it and if it worked?

I remember when it came in there were all sorts of schemes and scams that people reckoned would avoid it. My favourite was re-registering your car with DVLA as an ambulance, which then made you exempt. I wonder if anyone tried it and if it worked?

I remember in top gear where supposedly Lamborghinis were being registered as minicabs to avoid the charge and all you had to do was take the minicab test.

agreed it should be online but its not that bad, takes under a minute to fill, in addition they need a copy of the logbook and a £10.

TFL quoted around 10 days turnaround hence why I flagged this

They should take a leaf out the Germans book where you can order an Emissions Zone Permiy online which arrives in less than a week

Having recently invested in a twin air 500, I am concerened about the new proposals by TFL to remove the exemption from the Fiat 500 Twin air model.
If you fell like me, please register your concern on the Tfl web site listed below:
  • Public consultation closes on Friday 8 February
Those who wish to express their views should visit tfl.gov.uk/ccyourviews

Having recently invested in a twin air 500, I am concerened about the new proposals by TFL to remove the exemption from the Fiat 500 Twin air model.
If you fell like me, please register your concern on the Tfl web site listed below:

Good luck with that.

Incidentally, I think you "invest" in something like a Dino, Integrale or a 9C. You "buy" a 500.

can't see them doing a u-turn, think at best its going to be deferred maybe

yeh right when has public consultation mattered before, seriously ?

Good luck with that.

Incidentally, I think you "invest" in something like a Dino, Integrale or a 9C. You "buy" a 500.

:worship: there is nothing more to say !!

Back