confused

Currently reading:
confused

A

alan ramsay

i have just purchased a bravo hgt 1998 on an r reg i dont have an owners manual, can anyone help ? also i believe this car to be a mk 1 is this true ? what is the differences between it and the mk2 i know it doesnt have aircon but what else ? it is in mint condition and goes well but there is a strange sound on idle like a miss but there isnt one like it beats out of sinque any way apart from a leak from behind the drivers visor all seems well , definately better than the coupe i had before which nearly bankrupted me , glad to meet you all , regards Alan

i think the inside trim is differant coulor and no sunroof? other than that its beyopnd me

afaik mk1's have the engine size in badges on the car and mk2's have the bhp so if it says 2.0 its a mark1 and if it says 155 its a mk2

license_20070120124514_12543.jpg
license_20070120123744_96536.jpg

sounds right, i dont know if the engine was uprated although mines is fast enough , cheers!

Different radio, Mk2 has tinted rear light cluster cover, no CD player wire to boot, different dial layout.......

Mark.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!

Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists.
travelsmall.gif

thanks but this is where it gets confusing my car has cd wire to boot and tinted back clusters and the insurers say it is 155 hp , never mind, i think the engine noise is the 5 cyl beat and the leak may be coming from the ariel , any one know where i can get a leather interior ?

98 R Reg is definitely the 147bhp Mk.1. My Mk.1 HGT also had CD lead and smoked rear clusters...

8-picture2.jpg

Rob

Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX

Mine definantly has the VIS engine (the 155bhp) and is badged as a 155 20v but it doesnt have the cd changer lead, does have the smoked clusters and the better interior but doesnt have Air Con and does have a sun roof. What can you say about Fiat they have trouble choosin spec levels?

i may have a leather interior up for grabs in a couple of weeks depending on how my insurance claim proceeds. i plan on buying it back regardless, its just a matter of when really

Andy_sx

thanks for the response , i will post a photo tomorrow , i bought the car on e-bay in november and am pretty pleased , i travelled from blairgowrie to clacton on sea to buy it and drove it home 397 mls no probs , it is absolutley mint and such brilliant value, i use it to play as i have a new corsa (06) as a work car , nice to met you all .Alan

Hope to see you at the meet in Perth a week today fella...looks like the venue has been finalised :):)

puntomatt_search_sig.gif

i hope to be there 2 i am supposed to be working and need to arrange a swap , but should,nt think that will b a prob ,Alan