Confused.com Motormate app

Currently reading:
Confused.com Motormate app

Hmmm to me it seems the easiest way to get 5 star runs is to get stuck in a row of traffic travelling well below the prevailing limit. If I'm on my own but setting my own pace never manage to get more than 4.

I think an average of four is pretty darned good, personally...! :worship:

I tend to drive pretty much everywhere at, or just below, the speed limit (traffic permitting...). :cool:

The largest negative impact on my score seems to be braking or accelerating too hard... -- the former sometimes being unavoidable, when you're trying not to hit the hares, pheasants, badgers, deer, pigeons and foxes that seem to think they, too, own the roads around here.... ;)

My driving style is also tempered, though, by the fact that I've been the victim of three rather nasty road traffic accidents... -- as a result of which I needed my neck rebuilding. This probably makes me a tad more cautious than most... -- liking large gaps behind and in front of my car... -- although I still enjoy speed: just with larger margins for error than many.... :eek:

I tested it yesterday to see what it classified as an event...Despite scoring a 2 it wouldn't tell me where it had marked me down and scored no events. Tbf I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have liked the fact I tend to just hold my speed...come corners/rounderbouts etc (lines of sight permitting). All my other trips have been 4s or 5s.

I've also been in multiple accidents as both a driver and passenger although other than a mild whiplash escaped unscathed. Tbf the only one that was my fault was as a result of brake failure on my punto 55s. So I tend to be very light the middle pedal and use engine braking unless I'm slowing to a stop so have to read the road more than someone who brakes when a leaf blows past...

Ok its annoying me now...only hands out top marks if you drive miss daisy...seems to mark you down for travelling at the speed limit, which given I'm travelling to and from work at quiet times of day I'm going to as there's no one else about. So if I'm stuck behind an old giffer..top marks if I'm driving exactly the same way but setting my own pace...low/medium marks. Be interesting to do a motorway schlep at 70 and see if it marks that down.

I'm going to give it a go and drive how I normally do. Hopefully they won't forward the data to the police :rolleyes:

Lol tbf it'll probably give you a gold seems to be very arbitrary...drive miss daisy on the way home from work..= bronze, hammering to an appointment in my partners car this morning...gold wtf? Perhaps the micra just can't generate enough G to annoy it.

The scire is back at 74...with most marks lost in smoothness and calm ness...However looking at the write ups the easiest way to get high scores in these would be to always dawdle out of side turnings and take a mile to reach a cruising below the legal limit.

Yeah done it now...will go back to driving normality.

Back