Confused.com Motormate app

Currently reading:
Confused.com Motormate app

Just got an email about this, anyone fancy a litte competition on who can get the highest ( or lowest ;) ) score?

Instructions,
download the app for android or ios
Start the app before every drive
Once youve driven 250 miles, it will give you a score out of 100

www.confused.com/car-insurance/motormate

Just got an email about this, anyone fancy a litte competition on who can get the highest ( or lowest ;) ) score?

Instructions,
download the app for android or ios
Start the app before every drive
Once youve driven 250 miles, it will give you a score out of 100

www.confused.com/car-insurance/motormate

An S3's battery life barely lasts 24 hours with average use, let alone with an app running constantly when driving (n)

Currently running at 71 (although got into the 80s, at one point...). :D

I use it on an iPhone -- which is always plugged in: as I also use CoPilot for navigating (and GPS is a b*gg*r for draining batteries...) -- and I've found it quite good at 'gameifying' what had become routine journeys: making me think about driving smoother, more economically, etc.. I'm not utterly convinced by the 'science' behind it (if indeed there is much...); but the cheque for £25, after completing the first 250 miles, was very nice indeed...! (y)

By the way: not worth using for short journeys, IMHO, as it always seems to score them quite low.... :confused:

You know what it is, could have used it on my time off only done 600 miles in the last fortnight. Would be interesting to run it on my trips to work except can imagine my scores after a bad day at work would be in single figures.

Theres a better one now from Aviva :p

Define "better".... :p

Tbf 1st trip got a 5..despite having to brake and swerve to avoid a f**knuggets dog. None eventful trips somehow get lower scores...

That sort of proves my point. The new version of the Confused.com app appears to be fairly accurate: scoring me one point (out of five) for a trip I do quite frequently (and get four or five for, usually...) -- but driven like a bat out of hell, because of a family emergency.... :cool:

Hmmm to me it seems the easiest way to get 5 star runs is to get stuck in a row of traffic travelling well below the prevailing limit. If I'm on my own but setting my own pace never manage to get more than 4.

Back