Components

Currently reading:
Components

Hey, dunno if the title has put some of you off but, i bought an alpine mrp t220 amp (250watt max) powering some 6x9's in my mk2b punto they sound much clearer now. However i have some infinity reference 16.5 coaxial door speakers which i have just realised will not keep up to the 6x9's as they run off the head unit. Rather than getting another amp for the door speakers i have been looking at the idea of components, does any body know a guide on the forum or web page giving step by step guide to fitting components, or what they feel they would do instead?

Dave

I'm not sure whether they'd fit into a Punto - that really is a question for the Punto guys to answer, but I got a feeling they would fit (y)

I feel just fitting components alone will not get the results you're after. I would buy and amp the components. And personally, I would ditch the 6x9s, but each to their own :)

crazydave said:
cheers, il see what happens and if anyone else can help. thanks chaos il let u know what i do, im still looking for a guide on wiring components :confused:

Wiring them in is child's play :) Dead simple :)

They will fit in the doors, but only with an adaptor. I know this, as these are the same speakers I have. Well, mine are the type S, but the only difference I can see is 20W RMS of power. They are awesome speakers, but I would recommend amping them up to get their full potential. If you need a hand installing them drop me a PM (y)

Thanks H2Dae, if i was to run another amp this would draw more current from my 425amp battery im already powering 3 amps so could be a second battery required i think. would they be ok to start without an amp at first or would it not sound as good:confused:

marky.b said:
Try running the components off the amp and power the 6x9 from the h/u

:idea: That sounds a pretty decent idea, but before my 6x9s were amped sounded fine and the door speakers were starting to distort so would the 6x9's now distort instead of the components?:confused:

crazydave said:
Thanks H2Dae, if i was to run another amp this would draw more current from my 425amp battery im already powering 3 amps so could be a second battery required i think. would they be ok to start without an amp at first or would it not sound as good:confused:

I am powering 2 x mono blocks, and 2 x 4ch amps and other bits and bobs on a standard punto battery with very little trouble.:)

I do carry a stand bye battery behind the passenger seat just in case though:eek:

steve1219 said:
I am powering 2 x mono blocks, and 2 x 4ch amps and other bits and bobs on a standard punto battery with very little trouble.:)

I do carry a stand bye battery behind the passenger seat just in case though:eek:

:) as a second battery? or ready to replace the old one?

Just to jump start the car if the other dies,still got to get around to set it up on trickle charge so I will have 2 permanently in the car. Not that I have had to use it for that yet as long as I only use the system when the engine is going do not seem to have to much of a problem.:worship:

Steve

I can't recommend amping up components enough now that i've done mine. Make sure your amp has a high pass filter (i assume most do) and they will be the perfect compliment to the sub/s you have. If it was my car I'd do away with the 6x9's altogether (I know Chaos will agree with me :D) but it's all down to your personal preference (y)

*Edit* just seen what amp you have for your 6x9's, its the same as mine, superb amp (y)

H2DaE said:
(I know Chaos will agree with me :D) but it's all down to your personal preference (y)

Oh yeah :slayer:

To be perfectly honest, i like tweeter up front as the fequency of treble cannot travel as far, and the really deep bass in the back, as that is the only convienient place for it if keeping the rear seats anyway. I do not like the look, and understand much, why people put any type of normal speaker in the rear if they have large sub's as usually the sound is drowned out in most cases. I know personally, i am having 2 17cm speakers in my parcel shelf for epople in the back, and a component set up front, all amped of course :cool:

punto_jr_sx75 said:
To be perfectly honest, i like tweeter up front as the fequency of treble cannot travel as far, and the really deep bass in the back, as that is the only convienient place for it if keeping the rear seats anyway. I do not like the look, and understand much, why people put any type of normal speaker in the rear if they have large sub's as usually the sound is drowned out in most cases. I know personally, i am having 2 17cm speakers in my parcel shelf for epople in the back, and a component set up front, all amped of course :cool:

Its not just that higher frequencies can 'travel' further, its to do with direction as well. As you get to lower and lower frequencies (i.e. lower notes) it becomes more omnidirectional, i.e. you are harder pushed to detect where the sound comes from. That's why, from an imaging POV, you worry about the position of the tweeters first, then the mid, then the sub (y)

Also, if you think about it, any speakers in the parcel shelf would still be behind the people in the back...........................:)

Its not just that higher frequencies can 'travel' further, its to do with direction as well. As you get to lower and lower frequencies (i.e. lower notes) it becomes more omnidirectional, i.e. you are harder pushed to detect where the sound comes from. That's why, from an imaging POV, you worry about the position of the tweeters first, then the mid, then the sub (y)

Better description of what i should've said but didnt :p In summary, the first concern for good sound is tweeter direction and power, then the mid-range - if directed where most likely to be heard, its a small plus, but not amazingly important then the bass which may as well be aimed anywhere that looks good or suits? Is that a summary of what you mean?

Also, if you think about it, any speakers in the parcel shelf would still be behind the people in the back...........................:)

Lol, shush :bang:

Back