Tuning Coil Overs for 1992 Panda Selecta

Currently reading:
Tuning Coil Overs for 1992 Panda Selecta

Kane96

Hey, I'm pretty new to the car world and well I have a Panda Selecta from 1992. It's got some fat old VW MK1 wheels on but the back is rubbing and the back is arched so it's not slicing them but it is screeching. I want to get a harder rubber, I think "spacers" and I believe the springs have been cut. So they need to be changed asap. I am struggling to actually find them to buy. Could someone here give me a hand? Maybe point me in the right direction? Thanks guys

I think its impossible to get off the shelf coilovers for a Panda, you could have some made perhaps but at quite some expense I'd imagine.
I'd get the cut springs off if I were you, proper lowering springs are available (such as Spax) and a decent set of new shocks should be ok, although the ride will be quite harsh.

I have a feeling we've seen your Selecta, did you buy it off ebay?

Oh okay. Thank you for your help. I shall look into it further. The ride is quite bumpy anyways at the moment.

You may have, it was advertised a few places I believe but I found it on Gumtree. Here it is.
B7geHBM.jpg

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of, there's a thread for it here. Many of us didn't quite agree with the styling but its your car and you may do whatever you please with it ultimately.
I would say many of us are fans of the Selecta and they are a fast dying breed so we like to see them looked after :)

Back