General Code light stays on and car does not start. Urgent Help please

Currently reading:
General Code light stays on and car does not start. Urgent Help please

javednazeer

:bang: Hello there. I got a real issue with my td100 marea. The key was left to '' MAR'' position this morning for about an hour. Well after that I started the car and its not starting. I can see the code display with other lights such as battery, oil, airbag and the code light which stays on. Normally I get the coil lights for the glow plugs and now it is not coming on too. Please if anyone could help me sort this problem out or if anyone know how to reset the code or atleast get it started. Anyone who can sort this problem in and around london. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

if it's not the battery, try looking at the wiring under the bonnet.mines a td 125 and had the same problem.found that a connection of wires on top of the engine had come loose, pushed the plug back together everything works now.:idea:

Does removing the earth terminal reset the ECU

:bang:

Please help, as my car has never broke down and today after forgetting the key position on '' MAR'' for about an hour, I can't start the car now. The problem is the '' CODE'' display on the dashboard does not go off. I started the vehicle this morning no problems and its just that I forgetten the key on the MAR position. Is there any other way to sort this problem out. I have checked all fuses and even the RAC was up, but no help at all. Let me know as soon as possible as need the car over festive period. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Plz Help The Code Light Is On And Car Is Not Starting On My Td100

I forgot the key on the MAR position for an hour and now the CODE light in on and can't start the car. I've been suggested to disconnect the negative battery terminal for a while and it will be ok. Is this the best solution or anyone can help with better ideas and solutions. Plz help as I need my over the festive period and fiat dealers are closed up to new year. Thanks to you all and good luck.

Re: Does removing the earth terminal reset the ECU

Hello again, I left the negative battery terminal out whole night and when the connect it again, the CODE light on the dashboard stills comes on. Pheew, please help me as I need the car over the festive period. Polecat man, where are you? Send you handy tips down, thank you.

I disconnected the negative battery terminal overnight and now it appears the problem to be the same. The CODE light is still on. Please anyone out there, help me. Thanks a lot. Regards.

Hello, I do have the red key as well, but the code is still on. Normally I get the coil lights for the glow plugs, but now the light does not come on. Instead the CODE light is on when the key is switched to MAR position. Plz help. Thanks,.

Re: Does removing the earth terminal reset the ECU

Do you have your ECU code card?

Emergency starting procedure if you have your 5 digit code, not sure if this will work on a diesel though:

Turn key to MAR
Push accelerator to floor and hold until injector light goes out.
Count injector light flashes, when they get to first digit on code card press accelerator again until light lights for 4 secs and goes out.
Repeat for all other code digits.
after last digit has been entered lamp will flash rapidly for 4 secs.
Start engine
If it doesnt work turn key to stop and start again.
You have to do this every time until you can get to a dealer.
Resetting the ECU will nor clear immobiliser.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Back