Technical clutch/gear problem

Currently reading:
Technical clutch/gear problem

x3me

hi,
well basicly i've broke down on the way to the shop, somehow managed to get home...
symptoms are that i cant get the gears in position and when you do it the car doesnt want to go properly and you get whining sound inside, when the car is off changing the gears you can hear a weird noise from under the car like somekind bell sound or something like it...
any help would be much appreciated(price of fixing, any solutions anything basicly):cry::worship:
thanks

it doesnt feel any different that it used to be, well i went to few places and they told me the same - that it is the clutch...
gonna try to book in to Mr.Clutch for tommorow, and hopefully after few days everything will be sorted...:bang:

yeah indeed, well booked it today, just had a call from them, told me that my gear box is wasted aswell, it's going to be 1000 quid if i'm gonna do the work down there, but the thing is that i'm skint:cry:
any suggestions plz:bang:

you could do it yourself (am in the same boat moneywise.. it has proven a good incentive..) get a new box from a scrappy (but chances are you could recon the old one) you can also ask all your m8s if they know someone or could help

well they said that there's a massive hole in it...:cry:
and i'm in Blackley, well i think they will just do a restoration on it, but they will need the box itself as i was told.

sounds like what happened to mine, the diff went and dropped into the box trashing the internals and blowing a hole in the side of the gearbox.

a couple of the forum members have experienced this as well.

a restoration job maybe dead money, looks like sourcing a new/recon/scrapper box (in price order!)
maybe cheaper

also stilos are matching numbers cars so if its a 5dr only the 5dr box will fit, if its a 3dr only the 3dr box will fit.

want me to look at my local scrappers for a box?

what engine is your car and what body style?

thx mate, but i've already given the job to the lads in the mr.clutch, as i was told they will find a new box and do a restoration to it, the thing is that i need car as fast as possible, if i wouldnt need it really then i would just do everything by bit, but it's all done and hopefully i will not regret it in the future, witch i doubt, but still theres not much that i can change right now:bang:
thx for the help tho:)

youre probably right, well didnt had any problems with it since i bought the car, but in last 6 months had quite few problems with it:yuck:
its just quite shocking when youre told that its gonna cost you to do the job 1k, but well get through it and be on the road again from next week:yum:

Back