General Cleaning interior trip

Currently reading:
General Cleaning interior trip

adamgreen

I have a Sedicivalvolve which is in excellent condition inside - however the coating on a lot of the black plastic trim (door pulls, door bins particularly) has become sticky and i can't get it off. has anyone else experienced this, and found a way to remove it? thanks. Adam

Same on mine including the dash. I remember reading somewhere, that someone had brought some stuff from eBay Italy, that sorted it.

I had a fun week last year, cleaning the interior of a 2002 Seat Ibiza that appeared to have been owned by a farmer who transported sheep in it.
Everything plastic that could be touched was thick with what felt like a ten year build up of plastic spray polish and crap.
I initially tried every type of cleaning fluid, but it boiled down to removing all the infected parts, scraping them carefully and finishing with green plastic abrasive kitchen scourer, a good quality window cleaner fluid and a lot of cursing.

SFB is right - I think it is a reaction of the plastic to using the wrong cleaner over time. Best thing I did was to remove one affected peice, wash it thoughly in very hot wter and detergent and then "scrap off " the surface. To my amazement it all came off and after drying the part was good as new.

Difficult to do if its your whole dashboard top though I would imagine

Back