classifieds - a few suggestions

Currently reading:
classifieds - a few suggestions

Liam

hi friends :waves:
OK, since using the classifieds I have noticed a couple of things

1. when you view your own ad it is counted as a view, yeah logical but doesn't give a true account of how many potential buyers have looked.

2. when someone replies you get an email but no PM tis weird.

Liam

Liam said:

1. when you view your own ad it is counted as a view, yeah logical but doesn't give a true account of how many potential buyers have looked.

Liam
and when you go contact seller it goes to email, its annoying, i never check emails, and when i did once i had loads of emails from buyers from months back for other things :(

blu73 said:
can't blame FF for you not checking your own emails Beau, come on lad, get it together
yes but it goes into junk... :bang:

just think it would be better to have a button to send a pm message, cos only way of doing it is getting there user name, then going to messages and doing it manually, no quickly click a link, like email.

Liam

1. Shouldn't be too hard, though you can just look from the "category list" and it gives you the count...

2. Yeah, the classifieds isn't actually a part of the forum software at all, it's a completely different package. Though I can probably code it in...

would also be nice if u clicked on someones name in classifieds and it took u too their user profile.

This gets a bit tricky as basically the user has two profiles, one from within PPC itself, which lists all their items and such, then their default vB one.... could look at putting a link on the PPC profile page which linked to the vB one?

and when you go contact seller it goes to email, its annoying, i never check emails, and when i did once i had loads of emails from buyers from months back for other things :(

Check your emails then. Duh. Other thing is, the person contacting you might not be a user hence a PM would be no good.

Hmm... i guess i have some new food for thought :chin:

On the topic of classifieds....

For the wanted section to make it easier for ppl with stuff to sell to spot someone in need, could there be a categorisation of different part types. I say this as i have a few punto parts that i will be putting up for sale soon and i found it a little annoying searching through the pages of adverts.
There could be something like this:

engine
brakes
body
suspension
wheels
interior
miscelanous etc

Cheers
Si

Back