General Classic 500 Parts!

Currently reading:
General Classic 500 Parts!

aaron500

Hi all!
Interested to know if anyone has a specific place they go for parts?
I know of Ricambio but is there anywhere else ??

Also.. if anyone knows a supplier for 500 N parts would be much appreciated [emoji51]

Hi all!
Interested to know if anyone has a specific place they go for parts?
I know of Ricambio but is there anywhere else ??
[emoji51]

I generally use Axel Gerstl for good prices and service, sometimes VDL then Nanni & 500 Mania for the more exotic bits. Ricambio are good for next day delivery if you are desperate for something but I recently had a bad experience with them :mad:

I use FD Ricambi in NL a lot. Very good service and good quality parts. Clear website and clear communicators. I’m in the States though; not sure what shipping and currency conversion would be like for you. (Though the US dollar is up lately, shipping is expensive for me, but very fast and reliable.)

I buy from Passione 500 simply because he knows his bananas, and although delivery can be slower (depending if he is having a holiday) he cuts me a deal.

Early stuff... N's you have to make contact with people in Italy, panels are much of a muchness (repro), the rest is simply a case of scoring various sites throughout Europe and the US, but there is much less on offer these days...

I was just checking the price of a new steering column switch assembly for a 500D.
So I thought I would see which supplier is the best price.

Amazing the pricedifference

Passionne 55.45€:)
Van der lann 59€
Fiat500spareparts(ebay) £62
Ricambio Croydon£65.94
Axle Girstl 75.20 €
Autobella (ebay)£79.90
Motobambino £83.94 :eek:

I acknowledge that on first appearance the Continental suppliers are cheaper than the UK suppliers. BUT, by the time you have added on carriage, and currency transfer costs and the exchange rate (and they do not use the banks exchange rate!) there is not a heck of a lot of difference in costs. Additionally, if you buy from the UK and have a problem you can easily discuss it---in English.

I acknowledge that on first appearance the Continental suppliers are cheaper than the UK suppliers. BUT, by the time you have added on carriage, and currency transfer costs and the exchange rate (and they do not use the banks exchange rate!) there is not a heck of a lot of difference in costs. Additionally, if you buy from the UK and have a problem you can easily discuss it---in English.

I would always love to buy stuff from the UK suppliers... but as most of the vendors across Europe/UK buy from the same places... many people in the UK do seem to hike their prices for the privilege....
Payment/Currency conversion is obviously at the whim of whoever performs the conversion... I am lucky like a few others who can make personal transfers to people abroad to make payments (I use transferwise)...

I don't think it will be too long before a European supplier opens up in the UK as they will be able to use a uk base to get around any tariff charges...

I've bought one or two Fiat parts over the years, (I've even sold a few :)). I think things are changing; not exactly in favour of UK sellers, but the gap in prices is narrowing.

I don't look at the prices of individual items because I find that it's just like supermarket shopping; some retailers do some things better than others. So my basket, plus delivery, is what really matters. I rarely make a small purchase and there's not a big difference between the most expensive of the Continental suppliers and the cheapest UK suppliers when viewed this way. I've even noticed some of the more notoriously expensive UK suppliers seem to be getting more competitive.

Despite claims that all of these new parts come from the same source, I have found that UK suppliers are more likely to hold the better grade items where two qualities are available and I've learned to avoid the cheap sh*te anyway...waste of time and money.

Brexit seems to be leading to higher delivery charges from Europe and the value of the Pound against the Euro is also eroding pricing which ten years ago seemed ridiculously cheap.

I'm no patriot so hate to say so, but after the shock of seeing how little I got for my money with a recent order from Germany, I'm buying British in future.

Coronavirus will probably leave us all with no choice in any case.;)

Back