Clarkson parking

Currently reading:
Clarkson parking

Surely the most annoying thing ever drivers parking in between bays to protect their paintwork on oversized budget suvs. In my experience these people have among the worst driving skill in the uk and so apparently feel the need to protect themselves from each other. If I'm feeling particularly cheeky I will often use up the remainder of the offend space parking nose in with my near side beside the drivers offside just to inconvenience them getting back in!

Now, I'm not too bothered to an extent, and can appreciate the want to protect your car, especially in places where spaces are small. But in cases where the car park is jammed full, it's just obnoxious to take up two spaces. I've only got a tiny Fiat, but I'll always try for end spaces, or park in places I hope other people won't. I'll park right up to the white line depending where I am (i.e. end of a row), but sometimes it can't be avoided, and I wouldn't park over two bays anyway.

My biggest gripe with these SUV's is actally the fact most of the drivers seem to have no concept of the size of their vehicle, either treating it like it's two lanes wide, or like it's a Smart car! Great fun down country lanes. :rolleyes:

Like this? There was a video like this, but the car was a Jap import, and they'd blocked the wrong side and he just got in and drove off. (y)

There are several people at work who do this. There are limited spaces where I work and those people all drive SUV or people carriers. It drives me mad as it means everyone else shuffles up and it ends up with about 6 spaces reduced for every one car taking up two.

Back