General cinqy turbo

Currently reading:
General cinqy turbo

I think it's a newbie. No mention of "real" brakes, wheels, suspension or clutcfh, either.

i might give him a ring and see what the spec is, and try find what managment system hes running, iv a funny feeling its just a bolt on job, would be intresting to no, but seems a bit cheap to me for a turbo cinqy

ok i txt the guys asking the spec etc and heres what he said:

*fiat 1242cc fire engine from 04 punto fully rebuilt 4000k miles ago
*head from punto mark 1 75hp, full porting done
*camshaft 776 (?????) punto mk1 75hp
*2 steel headgaskets and stainless steel plate between them
*250cc bmw injectors
*mitsubishi turbo from astra 1.7d engine (i took ihi turbo from one of these engines and thought they also used a garrett?)
*costom built exhaust manifold
*fiat ducato intercooler
*fiat coupe map sensor
*punto 75 ecu + pigiback smt6
*4 bar fuel pump
*6 speed stilo box
*automotive springs kayaba
*sport cup1 shocks
*13x7 alloys from 1978

that was all he could remember,

anybody recon its a good buy or problems? seems very cheap to me

Any pictures of the engine bay to get the impression on the quality of the work? Cause for me it sounds legit, more or less, although I do have a strong personal preference against piggybacks, but that's me.

Any pictures of the engine bay to get the impression on the quality of the work? Cause for me it sounds legit, more or less, although I do have a strong personal preference against piggybacks, but that's me.

im afraid he doesnt have any pictures of it up, il ask em to put some up :)

how straight do you reckon the chasis is :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/spruchberyl#p/u/8/mMKieTPUa9k"]spruchberyl's Channel - YouTube[/ame]

Unloading like that wouldn't bother me at all, as long as the exhaust isn't bent or dented.

It ws picked up on the main rails, and just jacking one corner up will put a lot more twist on the chasis.

Once it starts though, sounds like it was missing, so not so good, unless that was antilag lol

Unloading like that wouldn't bother me at all, as long as the exhaust isn't bent or dented.

It ws picked up on the main rails, and just jacking one corner up will put a lot more twist on the chasis.

Once it starts though, sounds like it was missing, so not so good, unless that was antilag lol

anti lag with piggyback :D :D

love the deep dish wheels :D! go for it!

Problem(s) is that with those wheels, the brakes are not going to work for very long at all. And with that box and wheels it'll have absurdly short gearing.

*6 speed stilo box

*13x7 alloys from 1978

I'd hesitate to advise anyone to buy a Cinq Tub, but it may make a decent basis for a good car if you can get the price down.

might not be the same box... fiat never did seem to be consistent on gear boxes.

my box was brand new and we where told its from a 1.4 16v stilo. (but had been sitting around for years (to the point where the seals had dried out so needed replacing)

but coming from a pump 55 6speed to this box was great.
in 6th the rpm is lower then with the standard box in 5th.

and the 6speed did about 15mph on the limiter in first (or something like that) but the box i have does about 30ish.

Back