IMGP9290.JPG

Cinquecento Cinquecento sporting Abarth...

Introduction

Hi ,
Ive done it again , I now own my second cinquecento .. so now i own a 1242 8v "sx" which some of you may know ...
i seen it advertised for sale in the classifieds so spoke to the lad selling it , arraged a date to view it 740 miles later , theres 2 cinquecentos sitting on my drive

got it home , Replaced the bat, ( tryed starting it when we picked it up but it was dead so had to jump start it with leads ) With the new bat on it started first turn of the key ,
also gave the Rear arches/ boot floor a Good coat of wax oil , to help it stop rusting , as its Sold as 100% rust free ,,, just found a little bit on the back arch , so addressed that asap :)

also the front brakes seem a bit poor . so started giveing them a good clean :) just need to get another tyre to put on my alloys then its mot time

bit of specs on the car ...( Ripped from the Advert)

A nice, tastefully modified Cinquecento Sporting Abarth. She has been on the forum for a long long while now and i hope she continues to be. I have owned her since December ‘07. Car is mad cheap to insure and is group 2. Small, nippy and easy to park and drive. LOW MILAGE! Only 64,000 miles! I ride a bike almost all year round. Registered in the last year of the cinquecento before the seicento. Car is registered in ’98 on an R plate. I put brand new bilstein shocks and eibach springs, the original dampers were knackerd but i still have the original springs.
Most of her history is in pictures on the forum due to her FF owners, and she has been spoilt rotten. I have a massice thick folder of history. Anyway, here is the list of mods:

Exterior:

-100% RUST FREE!
-Bodywork and paint in original factory Imola blue and in great condition
- Genuine Fiat Abarth (stamped) front and rear bumpers, side skirts and spoiler with brake light.
- Black vinyled B pillars
- 3 x 13" speedline Alloys (see below)
-Rare 14” Punto Abarth speedline Alloys
- Bilstein gas charged shocks
- Eibach -35mm lower springs
- Janspeed Stainless steel exhaust
- Red dot front discs
-Pressed numberplate

Interior:

- Black seat belts instead of standard red ones (clash with leather)
- A sunroof that doesn't leak!
- Full Leather Interior; front and rear seats, door cards and gear stick gaitor.
- Abarth Steering wheel.
- Abarth tax disc holder
- Abarth mats

Engine:

Runs beautifully, one of the things that most impressed me about this car. The FIRE series engine still runs like a sewing machine and never let me down.

- Polished rocker cover.
- Magnecor 85mm HT Leads
- Sparco Adjustable strut brace.
- 1108cc with 1240 P60 head
- Punto 75 cam
- 40mm webber Throttle body
- ECU is McCritch chipped
- Beautifull one-off Italian Performance Carbon Fibre Induction Kit
- Thatcham Cat.1 Toad Alarm Ai 606
- Remote Central Locking.
- Car is de-cat but i have a cat for MOTs

- pioneer front speakers, tweeters on a-pillars and infinity 6x9s.
- Spare wheel and original tool kit

Well spent Almost all day today ( 26 feb) doing Wash, Dry , clay with quick detailer, Wash, Dry , Polish with auto glym super resin , poorboys black hole , Poor boys Spr ( i think it was) , then One layer of wax , need to do another one tomorrow morning , but as it is its Shiny ,
Mine is defo higher at the front, though some of that might be tyre profile, mine are 45's, right in thinking those are 50's? i think mine will drop more eventually, whilst it's been on its wheels most the time the past year, they have hardly been used so would imagine them getting compressed over bumps a few thousand times would bring them down another 5mm or so.

after a week of being a daily ,,, i want to use her every day now ,, so trated her to a little clean
washed , clayed , washed Blackholes , tyres , hd waxed ,, needs more time spent but that will do for today

yup and having the radio playing Quite loud for 3 hours makes my battrey go flat :p

Attachments

• IMGP3170.JPG
    IMGP3170.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMGP3166.JPG
    IMGP3166.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 77
  • IMGP3169.JPG
    IMGP3169.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 71
to be fair, its not that cinqs are that amazing really, more that modern cars are so sterile. So many cars from the same era as the cinq have a similar feel. Lack of driver aids and no PAS (or at least no electric PAS). On top of which small cars were actually light.

Last edited:
For me it's the feel I get back through the car my Schumy has nothing on my cinq. I also forgot how quick my cinq is compared to a standard sei sporting

Well Neros been playing up ,, and so Lola has been playing up too

Right guys got a problem with lola.... For those who don't know I've have got a punto 75 engine fitted running the p75 ecu... Basicly my problem is when it's cold and your slowly going up the revs it's holds its self back just as if it's struggling to get past them revs,,, when it clears them revs it's clear right up to the limmeter. and its starting to do it more regually ,, its been doing ti for quite a while now its just doing it more and more now ...
Its had a new Fiat crank sensor fitted
New map sensor
New plugs and gapped
New leads
Second hand sei mpi Fuel pump
new pipes to the map sensor
air filter cleaned
Just been.serviced
Running on vpower.
What could be causing my hesitation?? ( awaits the it's a 8v crack off a few,people)
any help would be thanked

I take it no EMLs at all???

tried swapping the coolant temp sensor, or at least testing the resistance - perhaps ecu thinks its hot all the time so is too lean when cold....?

Unlikey to be coils when its a issue when cold but sure you have some spares kicking about to rule them out.

Mines hasn't run the canister since i did the conversion. Although the solenoid is still connected

I think I'd be leaning towards map or lambda sensor

You've got a different cam in there now haven't you?

I think coolant temp sensor, when they fail they go one of 2 ways, either reading -40 so they run super rich or read hot and run lean.

Btw, if you want a cheap lambda, there's a place doing brand new Delphi ones ready to go in 4 pin Fiat format, so no messing wiring them up. for around £7-8.

Back