General Cinquecento Headlights touching engine

Currently reading:
General Cinquecento Headlights touching engine

drpancho

Hi everyone.
I have a new (to me) 96 Cinquecento Sporting .... I was looking at all the mess in the engine bay, and noticed that the headlights actualy touch the engine.
Is this just because headlights are junk ( DEPO ) ... or should I be looking at something else ( engine mounts or other) ?

Attachments

• 20220114_221304.jpg
    20220114_221304.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 178
Looks like your cambelt cover isn't fitted correctly for a start.

You also have the lights that suit the auto level adjusters which is the bit that is touching the cover.
I'm not sure how close those fixings sit to the cambelt cover anyway? Perhaps someone with the auto level adjusters can clarify.

Looks like your cambelt cover isn't fitted correctly for a start
Hi , thanks for taking the time to reply .
I've noticed that also... I'm not sure if it's not fitted correctly or actually deformed ....
I'm waiting for the haynes manual to arrive to start the mechanical maintenance and I'll check the state of the cover while changing the cambelt.

You may struggle to find a headlight, but cutting of the plastic bits will do the trick.
However, they shouldn't be touching the cambelt cover anyway, so it could be a saggy engine mount or something causing the engine to be misaligned a bit?

You may struggle to find a headlight, but cutting of the plastic bits will do the trick.
However, they shouldn't be touching the cambelt cover anyway, so it could be a saggy engine mount or something causing the engine to be misaligned a bit?
Hi mate, thanks for the input. You are all pointing at the things I thought could be the issue. I think that it also might be an issue with one or several mounts yes. I think they are still from 96 ....
So I'll take this step by step.
I'll look into the headlight first , and will check the mounts ( and cambelt cover) during the cambelt service.

Hi mate, thanks for the input. You are all pointing at the things I thought could be the issue. I think that it also might be an issue with one or several mounts yes. I think they are still from 96 ....
So I'll take this step by step.
I'll look into the headlight first , and will check the mounts ( and cambelt cover) during the cambelt service.

The italian translation of engine mounts is 'engine suspensioni' which i think is funny. The mounts will be no good if original. I would replace all three. they are not too expensive.

the rear mount is easy to find, but finding the other too isnt easy. i think the seicento mounts are the same, but im not 100% sure?

they arent that cheap either from what i have seen. unless i am looking in completely the wrong places of course!?

The italian translation of engine mounts is 'engine suspensioni' which i think is funny. The mounts will be no good if original. I would replace all three. they are not too expensive.

the rear mount is easy to find, but finding the other too isnt easy. i think the seicento mounts are the same, but im not 100% sure?

they arent that cheap either from what i have seen. unless i am looking in completely the wrong places of course!?

Hi thanks for the input .
@dac69er I was able to find the mounts in ebay from 20 € to 60€ (+P&P) each depending on the part number.
There are some PU inserts like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/163417638732 , not sure if I'll go down that route .

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks mate. That's what I was suspecting.... let's see if I can source some other headlight , or if I need to cut off those plastic tabs.
No! Not correct the white marks on the cambelt cover are the mileage and date when the cam belt was changed clear to see and very common on a cambelt cover not necessarily an indicator it’s been taken from a scrapped car, otherwise normally white paint marks on any other car part is usually an indicator of something from a scrap yard

Back