General Cinq Sporting Dial Template Change

Currently reading:
General Cinq Sporting Dial Template Change

Hi all.

I want to take off some non standard orange lockwood speedo dial templates.
Can anyone tell me if the various speedo, rev counter, fuel gauge and temperature gauge pointer needles just pull off?

I've had a bit of a play but i didn't want to break them as they seemed very tight.

Cheers.

They pull off but make a note of where the needles rest and how much fuel you have. Perhaps take a photo?

They might need re adjusting if you push them back in the sight wrong position.

I reckon there was a degree of tolerance when they were made originally.

Use a pair of flat screw drivers or trim tools just to lever them with someting below to protect gauge faces

Those Lockwood ones are rubbish. Nothing lines up and when my low fuel light comes on I can only see a tiny bit on the dash as they've printed the window in the wrong place.
They sell them for £30 on flea bay and I'd be really peed of if I paid that. Will have another go 2moz. Cheers.

IMG_0590.jpg

Home made [emoji6]

Purf they are sweet. How the hell did you make them? Just out of interest does the low fuel light actually shine through the template?
I just compared yours to the Lockwood ones on my car and my fuel light window is miles out, far too high. Maybe my ones were a first batch and since then they have redesigned them.
Good work on the templates though. ?

I want to return them back to the black ones, the originals are actually under the orange ones but whoever fitted them used superglue in various places so the black ones are knackered.
If anyone has any ideas where I can get standard black templates that would be cool?

Yeah your Orange ones are exactly the same as mine. Does your low fuel light comes on and properly shine through the red window on the template?
Like I say when my fuel light comes on its not full in the window, you can just see a bit at the bottom.

Back