General Cinq/Sei pickup and MOT/NCT

Currently reading:
General Cinq/Sei pickup and MOT/NCT

cl3

Just bought a Seicento and I'm wondering if its legal to make it into a pickup. Would be great as a daily hack if I could :D
Like this (minus the stickerbombing and horrible matte paint) Also, mines a Seicento, not a Cinquecento
2840766-1.jpg

Where would I start if I wanted it down legally as a pickup/ 2 seater? Or would it be possible at all?

Cheers

I dont know what it like over there but here the car enters IVA teritory which since it's now been modified into a commercial will never pass as there is currently no category for it. It's all done on a points based system and it's 8 points incl 5 for an unmodified monoque shell no cutting, chassis notching etc the ace advice has a lot on the subject

I dont know what it like over there but here the car enters IVA teritory which since it's now been modified into a commercial will never pass as there is currently no category for it. It's all done on a points based system and it's 8 points incl 5 for an unmodified monoque shell no cutting, chassis notching etc the ace advice has a lot on the subject

If its been changed to commercial does it not need DOE or the English equivalent?

Nope still needs it it's a category that it needs to be put under to get it to pass as soon as anything gets cut on a monocoque shell means it needs to be tested as I say the ace have a lot more knowledge than me. Ps they also don't look right IMO

Thanks for that info mate. I'll look into it more tomorrow :)

Definitely not to everyones tastes but I love them :)

Try searching previous threads & you will find all the other people who were going to do this.... & the reasons why they didn't.
I'm not trying to put you off, but it's worth doing lots of research into what's involved before starting.

I know.
His new thread was 5mins after I posted this, well he's brave -very brave!
It's either going to be a good read..... or disappear from sight. I'm hoping the first one.

Back