Tuning cinq engine swap but can't find engine

Currently reading:
Tuning cinq engine swap but can't find engine

Yeah that's whack started a thread to sew what's exactly in involved ect I'm a 22 year old valeter & detailer. And know most basics of mechanics I don't in college ect I'm hoping to do it slowly no rush time

Before power I would invest in new brakes, shocks, springs, and poly suspension bushes then think what you want engine wise I started off standard did interior mods (seats and lowered column) then new suspension bushes, shocks, springs then 1.2 8v with a few mods on it. Then that blew a ring so have now gone 1.4 16v with extra brake mods.

The 16v are harder to do but really rewarding you'll find they are more expensive to do than the 8v as you need more bits 16v engine are coming down in price almost to the same level as 8v as most that you'll find will be mpi now out of mk2 puntos and pandas.

If you need a hand give me a shout feel free to pop down to me with engine in the back with other bits got a drive and tools etc i can do an 8v in around 8-10hrs 16v will be longer not too much longer but you can bring a tent I'm sure Chras will be up for another swap. I doubt you'll be very far from me maybe 2 hrs if that?

Also to say I'm 22 as well only been working on cars since I was 18. Insurance for me through sky insurance ( who are excellent btw) is around 850 ish

1.2 8v straight swap.

Whatever engine you choose, you need to factor in costs such as insurance premium and even more expensive - the full servicing of the engine.

I bought a 1.2 8v and did following before fitting:

866 cam
Headskim and reshim
New inlet gasket
New exhaust gasket
New headgasket and bolts
New sump
New oil filter, air filter and fuel filter
New alt and timing belts
New clutch
New fluids too obviously.

This is before any upgrades such as brakes, exhaust, inlet mods, induction kit to make the most of it.

I personally wouldn't fit an unserviced engine! I think these are the costs that make the conversion a little more pricy.

Yeah I understand what you mean to be honest it's May was well to much servicing as possible as you can while it's out so you don't have go ripping it all out later on

Back