General Cinq Coolant Cap needed

Currently reading:
General Cinq Coolant Cap needed

Michelle4873

Hi,

I just drove my son's cinq 4 miles and it overheated.
When I opened the bonnet I can hear gurgling around the coolant reservoir area and when I listened closer I can hear air being sucked into the reservoir.

I've ordered a new cap but it will take 2-3 weeks to be delivered.

Does anyone have one that I can purchase from them?

Sounds more than a cap if it's overheating that quickly!!!

Also, where did you get the cap from that is going to take that long? Most motor factors can get them next day. Somewhere like ecp may eveb have it in stock to pick up tomorrow.
Even if you buy from ebay, they should be able to deliver within a week.

Hi,

When I opened the bonnet I can hear gurgling around the coolant reservoir area and when I listened closer I can hear air being sucked into the reservoir.

What engine size is it?
Can you post a pic of the coolant reservoir?

Mines a 0.9...think yours is too. I know my pressure cap was faulty as the electric fan wouldn't cut in _ the engine got too hot ..temp gauge way too high . A new cap solved it .... I got one off eBay in a couple of days but make sure it's a decent OEM one or a decent make... First time I got a cheap one which was rubbish.
A few miles doesn't seem much but depends if you warmed it up before setting off or if the route was stop start or hilly. It's a small radiator so it gets warm quickly but there's little leeway for any fault. You could also check the cap you've got at present is sealing properly...it should be tight and bit of dirt may be enough to stop it sealing properly. After checking you've got coolant the pressure cap is easiest thing to try.

Hi,

Is it losing coolant.. or just 'showing hot' ?

Thanks. I'm really hoping that this is the case and not something much worse.
I've ordered the cap from Ebay but it has a two week delivery. I couldn't find one which could be delivered any earlier.

How can I tell if the car is losing coolant? I'll ask my son as soon as he wakes up from his night shift.
He seems to think the fan isn't kicking in sometimes...

Back