Technical Cigarette lighter removal.

Currently reading:
Technical Cigarette lighter removal.

Dleonskie3

I have tried various suggestions to this ,but my problem isthe metal barrel won't come out.How does it detach from the black connector, and how does the black connector detach from the white wiring connector. Mine appears stuck on both counts and I don't want to force it. I'm a newbie and any help would be appreciated.

Look inside the "metal barrel",there will be two square or rectangular Windows opposite each other, inside them is plastic.Ignition off.push the plastic with screw drivers or Allen keys,and pull up metalat same time,leaving plastic in place. Once out,push tail on wire connector in and pull.Then pull/wriggle black/orange outer surround out .

I've bent in the metal tabs on the barrel that would seem to be holding it in.Now moves about half way. Seems to be sticking from the bottom.? Connector? Should the connectors come out through the barrel? Do I need to disconnect before removal,and if so how? It's a very tight fit getting my hand around lower end of unit. Your help is appreciated.

I've bent in the metal tabs on the barrel that would seem to be holding it in.Now moves about half way. Seems to be sticking from the bottom.? Connector? Should the connectors come out through the barrel? Do I need to disconnect before removal,and if so how? It's a very tight fit getting my hand around lower end of unit. Your help is appreciated.

IMG_6827.JPG
This is Metal square,there are two,the other is opposite. It has a plastic lug in each square.The plastic lugs must be pushed outward whilst lifting metal barrel out completely,leaving the plastic ring under the Metal barrel where it is in the hole. Undo wire connector,then remove plastic ring to replace bulb as necessary.

OK. Found plastic tabs and pushed them back. Pulled up but is meeting resistance from I think the connector which doesn't want to pull out. Should the connector come out through the plastic ring.or does it disconnect before I pull out the metal barrel.I cannot get either black base connector or the white wiring block undone. There must be a simple way of doing this without undue force. Help!

The wiring block at the very bottom with wires to it comes off by pushing the tab/tongue toward the wires. If it's stiff, push wiring plug tighter toward cig lighter. Wire connector and metal barrel comes out of plastic round surround. Black socket at bottom of cig lighter won't separate.

Re: Cigarette lighter remova

Thanks for your help Multiplete, it was a real swine but managed it.The unit I have taken out was a 12v.180 watt on a 15amp fuse in the fusebox. Is it ok to replace it with power outlet 12v.120watt with the 15 amp fuse. I don't want to fry it now I've got this far. Many thanks.

Re: Cigarette lighter remova

With DC, power = voltage x current, so 12volts x 15 ampères = 180 watts : the fuse is at its limit... 120 watts will draw 10 ampères only so you'd be on the safe side .

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Back