500 Ciao tutti!!!

Currently reading:
500 Ciao tutti!!!

vandave

500 TA+ [b]Ciao tutti!!![/b]

Ok that exhausts my Italian.

HI!!! I'm Dave from Belfast. :) On holiday at the minute... In Italy of all places!! Lol. I'm a mechanic for VW car and commercial. I've always been mad about VW's (blasphemy?!) But I''ve been converted!!

I bought myself a 500 TA+ about 6 months back. I named him Donatello, or The Don for short. COMPLETE impulse buy. Black on black with the Italia bonnet and roof stripe. Now it needs fettled with! I've already updated the head unit in it to a Sony Xplod one, with a nifty wee aftermarket sub in the boot (which rules out all possibilities of boot usage!). I think that's all I want to do to the interior, cause I'm mad about sound systems and good quality audio.

I really want to start playing with the engine. It's such a fun little car with stacks of grip that I'm yet to reach the limits of grip. So I need more power and torque!!! But I'm hearing horror stories of gearbox replacements before brake pad replacements from fiat mechanics... so I'm very skeptical of adding TOO much.

Any ideas, throw them my way!! I'm looming at installing an aftermarket wastegate/dump valve but not sure how to go about it in the TA engine. And an exhaust system, but don't know what system to go for. AAH!! DECISIONS!!! Lol.

Anyway. Seeing I'm on holiday, lapping up the rays, I'll post some photos of The Don when I return to Blighty. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back