cheating on ebay

report people bidding on own items

• yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • no

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have complained a few times when I have seen it even if its not an item i was bidding on but i am a big grass for the idiots that ripp people off on ebay. one guy had loads of poss feedbacks from loads of different names but they all said the identical thing so he had around the 100 + positives and 100% feedback for items that dont sell like a screw and a nail. he no longer a registered user. I would report it if second chances are offered straight away. I only ever offer a second chance if the buyer has not contacted me after 14 days. and then i will not normally get a reply so item is relisted. it costs very little to relist.

it makes no difference if you think about it, you bid as much as you're willing to pay, if they then bid on their own items it doesnt mean you have to bid any more, just wait for the item to end and you'll always get a second chance offer unless they wanted more, in which case a reserve would have stopped you winning anyway. i think of it as a dynamic optional reserve :)

when it comes to ebay bid what you can afford or what you think the item is worth if you win you win if not then ahh well win some lose some but you dont need to bid on ebay.uk there's ebay.com as well

Grass them in - This has happened to me on eBay a couple of times. Pain in the @rse! The user has the same buyer in his feedback 8 times! and has had only 10 sales in total.:mad:

In eBay's policy this is considered illegal and as arc said its called "shilling" and should be reported. :D

I'd report them for sure. 'Bid Shilling' is cheating, and GreedyBay let too many dodgy sellers get away with it. I know one car seller/ dealer who's done this many times, been caught and suspended by GreedyBay TWICE but still they allow him to continue trading. Not only that but they gave him a platinum award for selling excellence, simply because he sold so many items and his earlier dodgy feedback remarks have been removed :confused:

But now GreedyBay hide the bidders list names once bidding for an item goes over £100. Great, now it's even easier for a seller to participate in Bid Shilling and not get found out because the general public can't see who's bidding...

Stupid Ebay :mad:

Back