Styling cheap! wide wheels to fit a cinq?!?

Currently reading:
Styling cheap! wide wheels to fit a cinq?!?

MrSeanE18uk

Hello everyone ive got a flat cinq and ive got an idea which I think will look really good but I'm on a tight budget but I'm after some wide wheels 13" or 14" which will fit my car and will fit flush so I can stretch aswell some people may not like my idea but I can see it
Any wheels such as peppa pots even steelies will do just want them wide for grip aswell as styling

Thanks

See this.

Finding something suuitable at the right price will be one issue, getting the ET right to avoid nasty handling another, finally there'll be the cost of the bodywork required for the arches.

For width, anything bigger than 195/45/14 (or 15, which will be a damn tight fit and will badly affect the gearing of anything less that a 1.4 16v) will require arch mods.

For tyres alone, you'll be paying at least 50 quid a corner.

The 13s tend to be much more expensive!

I can usually get Rainsports for around £50 and have yet to get them to break traction on an NA car, but the range of sizes is limited -- nothing in 13". Falkens, which I don't rate as highly (grippy, but the sidewalls are too stiff, I think) are usually a fiver or so less or more than Rainsports, depending on size.

....I can usually get Rainsports for around £50 and have yet to get them to break traction on an NA car....

Couldn't agree more! Rainsport 2 are the bee's dangly bits even in the wet.
Forget the Yoko's, had them in 13" & 15" - more grippy than a lot of tyres in the dry but on light cars like Fiats or Mini's not the best you can get for a drizzly British winter (or autumn, spring, or a lot of the summer!) .

As an aside to Fingers: What are the Rainsport like in the snow? Yet to enjoy that experience.

Back