General Chassis//VIN Number Assigned!!!

Currently reading:
General Chassis//VIN Number Assigned!!!

raton_laveur

Established member
:)

My new Qubo's Chassis Number has been assigned, 7 weeks after ordering the car. OK, it doesn't exist yet, but it must be scheduled for production in the near future.

It's broken out like this...

ZFA says it's made in Italy by Fiat. Actually, it's made in Turkey but Turkey and the EU have a customs union. That lets it get the parent company's country in place of having NL to NR to show where it was made.

225 is Fiat's model code for the Qubo. I don't know if that also includes the Fiorino van (in which case it's a bodyshell code) or not but I suspect it does. Anyone with a new Fiorino is welcome to comment on this.

00000 are not used.

234567 (or whatever you have) is the unit number. That's not my unit number but it's close. Mine says the total production is almost a quarter of a million since it was launched.

The garage says they expect to have the delivery date for me by the end of the month.

She's arrived at the dealer's! I'll go and see her on Friday. I hope to be able to get the registration process started the same day. Then it's a week's wait for my new plates.

I went to see the car on Friday and deal with some paperwork needed for registration. They also had a few more small things to do before it was road ready.

I was rather impressed. First of all, the interior fit and finish is rather better than expected based on the other Fiats I've owned. Second, it's a Trekking and comes with alloys and dark glass behind the driver. I've seen that on the UK and French websites but it wasn't mentioned on the Belgian site so I was expecting not to get these items. It's also got at least four cargo tie down points in the boot, which wasn't mentioned anywhere that I can remember. It also has Pirelli tires. The other Qubo in the showroom had Continental Eco Contact 3's which I would have preferred. Had the other Qubo also had the alloys, I'd have asked them to switch at my expense to get the better tires. When the time comes, I'll likely change them to Uniroyal Rain Experts in 195/60 R 15 H.

I expect to be driving it sometime during the week of the 19th. Photos will follow in due course. On the first weekend I'll be driving it to Douai in France to buy a huge stuffed raccoon! Why? Well, my screen name on here is French for...raccoon! Better yet, I have a small connection with Douai, so that will work perfectly.

Should it not have the steel wheels & Pirelli M+S tyres fitted?
Not the greatest but fine with the 'Traction +'

Did you spec alloys?

I have not seen a Trekking with alloy wheels in the UK.
I have fitted Avon Ice Touring on my Active dualogics' steels 185/65/15.

I hope you enjoy it.

george

Last edited:
No, according to the UK and French websites, the Trekking comes with the alloys and 185/65 R 15 M & S tyres. I also notice the windows in the rear doors are hinged at the front for better ventillation. That was another extra I wasn't expecting.

Thanks. I'm expecting to have the resigtration paperwork done on Wednesday and the plates about a week later.

Getting this car registered here is turning into a saga. Maybe someday there will be a movie about it...

:mad:

I'm a foreigner in Belgium. I work for an international organization and don't have to pay VAT and the other car taxes that Belgians pay. The registration proceedure for us is difficult for us as it is. Belgians can get a car registerd in an hour or two while two weeks is the norm for us. The latest problem is the CO2 bonus. The Qubo qualifies for a 3% bonus on the purchase price and that's deducted on the invoice for Belgians. In our case, the VAT office doesn't want to see this on the invoice because it complicates their accounting in some way. The problem was I wasn't informed of this until I submitted my documents. Sorry, try again they told me. Now the garage has to make a new invoice without the bonus showing. I'll have it on Tuesday and will submit my papers for the third time on Wednesday. Then it's three to five workdays before I get my plates.

Better yet, I was on the phone with my bank in the UK for about 35 minutes yesterday. Seems they lost my loan paperwork after it had been approved and were ashamed to answer any of the several mails that I sent asking for an explanation of the delay. I rang them up and magically the papers appeared after I mailed them copies of the original unanswered mails. I think everything is patched up now and the garage will be paid next week.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hi Ranton.
Sounds like fun............thought the idea of the EU was to standardise all this kind of thing !!!!!!
Not to worry, it will be worth the wait, the Qubo is a great motor car.
Cheers Qube O

Thanks, Qube O! I do know I'll be taking a couple weeks off work after she's on the road. I want to go to the ends of autobahns 28, 29, 31, 270, 281 and 293 in Germany and to Colmar in France. In spite of the long drive in the land of no speed limits, I'll be taking it easy

By the way, 'Raton Laveur' is French for Raccoon.

I think the new Trekkings look great with the higher ride height and new alloys. Great choice, just make sure you get that DPF warm once in a while.

I have just started work for Fiat in Italy at its amazing that with the employee discount it still only the same price we would pay retail in the Uk!

My daily commute is nearly 80 km//50 mi each way so I'm not expecting any trouble from the DPF.

I should have the car this week.

Back