Technical changing the spark plugs what if they are stuck in tight!

Currently reading:
Technical changing the spark plugs what if they are stuck in tight!

lineo444

iv bought some ngk spark plugs for my 1.2 8v (04) and anfter searching my tool box for about an hour:bang: i found the socket that fits then come to undo the spark plugs and they will not come out i dont want to aplly 2 much pressure as i dnt want the plugs breaking n making the job a millions times harder.. can ne one give some advice on getting them out easier..

A good 'quality' socket is vital(snap on/mac etc)& make sure your square on the plug before undoing it.Dont be scared to give it some force thay are often very tight.Correct me if i'm wrong but a 04 plate,have you had a second service as plugs are changed then.

I can loosen the spark plugs in my brava but I can't get the socket out of the hole. I have a draper 10mm spark plug socket. When I put it on the spark plug it loosens okay. When I put new spark plug in and tightened it I could not get the socket off the spark plug. As you may know the spark plugs are down a hole about 4inch deep. I can get the extension off but not the socket. I eventually took this spark plug out and tried the next one. This is even worse as the socket seems to tight for the hole. It was okay going in but once on spark plug and on the way out it seems too tight.

I have had to abandon it for the night. My tax and insurance are just about to be renewed but I am seriously thinking of declaring SORN, putting it off road and using the dreaded public transport.

Any ideas??

I can loosen the spark plugs in my brava but I can't get the socket out of the hole. I have a draper 10mm spark plug socket. When I put it on the spark plug it loosens okay. When I put new spark plug in and tightened it I could not get the socket off the spark plug. As you may know the spark plugs are down a hole about 4inch deep. I can get the extension off but not the socket. I eventually took this spark plug out and tried the next one. This is even worse as the socket seems to tight for the hole. It was okay going in but once on spark plug and on the way out it seems too tight.

I have had to abandon it for the night. My tax and insurance are just about to be renewed but I am seriously thinking of declaring SORN, putting it off road and using the dreaded public transport.

Any ideas??
i replied to your original post!

Back