Technical Changing plastic rear window in Barchetta soft top/ cost / good idea?

Currently reading:
Technical Changing plastic rear window in Barchetta soft top/ cost / good idea?

Drum

Had my 2001 Barchetta a couple of months here in Brittany and love it.

One minor issue:The rear window of the soft-top is difficult to see out of......it's gone opaque with age.

Rear vision from the side mirrors is pretty good, but it would be nice to use the rear mirror too. The rest of the 'mohair' soft-top is in good condition.

FIAT here in Lorient (France) quoted €564 for just the plastic rear window, plus more to fit. Is this right?

Is it possible / recommendable to change just the rear window?
Does anyone know any good UK business that does it.

I am not very good on a sewing machine!

Thanks.

Mine was the same. It's a 2002 car and was very dull. I used a car body cutting compound (a very mild one) or you can use an ordinary silicon body polish. Just take your time and be thorough and it might save you replacing it. Be sure to do both sides of course. Hope this helps!

Hi, I had the same problem and after a bit of searching I found this product made by Greygate. Have a look at their website -http://www.greygate.com/product/plastic-polish/
I found that it was excellent and the window was quite transformed. I would happily recommend to anyone who has the rear window problem.
Good luck
Peter

The plastic polish worked really well. I can now see out of the rear window!!! Thanks for the reccommendation.

Back