Currently reading:
Changes to Forum

Should LL be accessed only by members?

• Yes

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 58.1%

• Total voters
i said awhile bcak it would be good if we could have an LL based forum a kind of anything goes just for members i dont really have a preferance on LL being members only although it wouldnt make a huge difference either way, we get new registering about fiat stuff and generally search for fiat stuff wanting help, i think it would be a big mistake for potential members not seeing what they get before registering.

I think to make the whole forum members only is annoying, why register to a forum you know nothing about?

Im undecided about the LL, and dont think it matters too much as the majority of people register to ask a question about their car and then find the LL later on.

Although, as said before if non-members cant see the LL they might think we're aload of car geeks... that talk about nothing other than fiats.

I voted no anyway :)

If you can't post without registering what difference does it make if people read it.

I know there have been problems with people copying photo's and abusing them on another site, but so what, how is that harming any of us, it's not like any of care about their opinions.

I don't see anything wrong with having a members only area for anyone who wants to post things that they don't want non memebers to see, but that would at least then be the decision of the person posting. You could even have an option when posting to any forum, whether the post is public or not, but it might get confusing for non members reading threads with missing posts. Likewise you could do the same with threads being public or not, then it's the decision of the person starting the thread, which may be useful for meets, etc. where people may not want uninvited guests.

As far as members who join and never make a post. I looked through the members list once, there are pages and pages of them, has any of the admin team heard of administration. Try deleting accounts if they haven't been used for 6 months or a year. I know there are regular users who come and go, but most people would be able to get on the net some time in the space of 6 months or a year and it's not like they couldn't re-register. You could just delete accounts if they are not used in the first 3 months, that would at least get rid of a load of the 0 post accounts.

i got caught up in it too, not a nice thing

i cant remember what i voted now, i think it was yes, but i dont think there is a need to have the whole forum members only

Back