Technical Central Locking

Currently reading:
Technical Central Locking

Right, my new Cinq has a couple of problems, but this is the most annoying :mad: :D

you go to unlock the door, and some times it will unlock everything fine :D

BUT sometimes you turn the key and the drivers door unlocks, but the rest doesnt! you just get a kinda clonk-buzzing sound (simialr to the sound of the C/L normally, but quieter) from the rear of the car. You get in and it has a kinda fit and makes a louder clonk-buzz, then does it again, and it unlocks :confused:

OR.....

youll turn the key and it will unlock your door, but takes its time doing the rest :chin:

God knows :rolleyes: my old one worked fine :p

Also, kinda related my rear lock, when you pull the key out, the lock barrel comes out by about 3mm. It wont go any further, and you can just push it in. But the whole mechanism is a bit on the slushy side, so might be related:spin:

any ideas?

Both doors are 5 wire which means they are both capable of unlocking/locking all doors.
The control rods to each is mall adjusted, the motor is loose or the internal contacts are burnt or dirty.
Do not take apart as there are alot of bearings inside ready to exit.
Disconnect each one at a time to eliminate the culprit.
Replace which ever is at fault.

Last edited:
You still having issues with the central locking?

yes, its like some random timedelay :rolleyes:

Both doors are 5 wire which means they are both capable of unlocking/locking all doors.
The control rods to each is mall adjusted, the motor is loose or the internal contacts are burnt or dirty.
Do not take apart as there are alot of bearings inside ready to exit.
Disconnect each one at a time to eliminate the culprit.
Replace which ever is at fault.

erm...right

what am i disconncting? the control rods?, the motors?

The terminals/connectors to each motor should be disconnected one at a time to see whether it's left or right motor at fault

Indeed, while you're at it, scrape and clean the external terminals/connectors (use a little vasaline, while you're at it) -- if any moisture has got in there at any time the contacts could have eroded a little.

Back