Technical Central locking problem

Currently reading:
Technical Central locking problem

Mad-Dan

Hi, I have got a 1991 Uno turbo, I have got a problem with the central locking!
if i lock the car it unlocks it's self strate away! I have removed the door cards and had a look but i cant see anything obvious (like bent bars ect ect)
anyone come accross this problem before? any ideas what it may be?

Thanks
Dan

OK, I've found that this is often a broken wire into the door.

Try locking the car from the other side. Watch to see if both front lock buttons move. If it works fine with the key from the passenger's side but not from the driver's side, suspect the passenger's side motor or its wiring.

If both lock buttons move when locked from either side, then suspect the switch in the motor or (more likely) the wiring to the switch. My next step would usually be to unplug one of the motors and test again to see if the other doors lock correctly. This may not be so useful with the Turbo because there are only two doors :eek: However, I think you'll be able to use the key to lock the side that has the motor, and if the system unlocks that side again, you'll know the fault lies in that motor or its wiring.

Gently remove the wiring from the door hinge area and test with a multimeter - my guess is that the small yellow, grey, or black wires will be broken.

-Alex

Back