Technical Central locking noise and window noise

Currently reading:
Technical Central locking noise and window noise

I have a Fiat 500S 2013 and recently the passenger door was occasionally making a noise, like it was struggling, when unlocking the car.

This has got more frequent and is now making a louder, more painful sounding noise.

it doesn't do it if the doors are locked/unlocked by using the handles or the speed locks, and once I use the handles to lock, it stops the noise for a couple of days.

Im wondering whether something is dying or needs lubing or has come loose.

Also about the time this noise started, the passenger door rattles badly if the window is down. this started in the heatwave this summer. could this be linked?

The passenger door has been apart about 2 years ago to replace the outside door handle hinge after that snapped, but has been fine up until this summer.

the car is locking and unlocking fine apart from the noises from inside the passenger door, which sound mechanical more than anything

I'm guessing the 500 is prone to rear hatch wires snapping like my Alfa Giulietta as well?

I have seen it happen on doors that have been apart before, that a nut or bolt starts coming loose.
I would remove the door card and recheck all of the points of attachment in case something has come loose.

I have seen it happen on doors that have been apart before, that a nut or bolt starts coming loose.
I would remove the door card and recheck all of the points of attachment in case something has come loose.
I think thats going to be my first line of attack, although I don't remember touching the central locking, apart from the cable to the inner door handle

It's worth checking the connector block inside the door jamb... just remove it, spray it with contact cleaner, then some WD40 and re-fit it.

It could be that the signal wire from the C/Locking isn't 100% good... which is why it might struggle when you're locking it via the key, rather than from the door. If the door locks/handles lock the door, then the module and hardware are probably okay... but if it's being locked by the car then that signal comes through the door connector.

Ralf S.

So I have been in the door today and first off, the window rattle isn’t anything to do with the locking issue.
The white nylon block that holds the glass at the bottom has lost a clip, but is still secure, however the glass still rattled.
Then I checked the nuts on the door that hold the window mech in. One was loose (see image and my finger pointing the location)

Locking wise, I’m none the wiser. I was able to replicate the noise by these steps.
Open the car door from the inside
Shut door
Lock with fob
Try the door handle to make sure it’s locked

If those steps are done the next time it’s unlocked it makes the noise.

Nothing seems out of place and nothing seems out the ordinary when it makes the noise.

For now I’ve put silicone grease on and in everything to do with the lock mech and it’s getting harder to replicate the fault, but it hasn’t 100% gone.

Image didn’t attach above.

Attachments

• 350C4D83-7FAD-4E5C-9E21-8579E5724AA2.jpeg
    350C4D83-7FAD-4E5C-9E21-8579E5724AA2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 603739BA-5BC9-4298-A258-775D8C1AE90A.jpeg
    603739BA-5BC9-4298-A258-775D8C1AE90A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
Back