Technical Central Locking Bounces back

Currently reading:
Technical Central Locking Bounces back

dil

Hi
I am new to this forum and sorry if its repost but my search did not show me any relevant result.
I have a 2007 1.9 multijet Doblo MPV
Central locking was working fine till couple of days ago but now when I push single button on the key it just bounces back, same happens when I try to lock with key inserting into door.
I know when any of the door is not locked properly then it happens normally but am not getting any message for doors open.
All doors are locked properly, " rear door open " message is not displaying but still bounces back.
Dont know where to start, any help will be highly appreciated

Hi Dil. Pull the central locking fuse and try to manually lock each door. Do they all lock ok?

Hi Dr No
Thank you for reply
Yes i have tried this way. All door lock ok apart from tailgate. Tailgate was changed a while ago and key is different. So couldn't check tailgate. But all doors lock manually and driver door with key.
Central locking bounces back if fuse is in and i lock with key or remote

Strange. Mine had the same problem, but did have the door ajar warning on the dash. Turned out I had multiple door sensors failed. So rather than spending hundreds of pounds on new door latches, I spent a morning with my multimeter and traced all the door sensors back to the fuse box, then disconnected them. Central locking works like a charm now.

Have you tried disconnecting the wire leading to the tailgate latch? Seems to be a problem area with many Fiat cars from what I've read. Also, does the LED light up in the dash when you actually open a door?

Last edited:
I will try to disconnect rear doos cable
When any door opens front or passenger then door open msg shows with a door sign on panel

I will try to disconnect rear doos cable
When any door opens front or passenger then door open msg shows with a door sign on panel

Update
I disconnected tailgate cables but still same :(

had similar problem. Traced it to one of the contacts being broken on the sliding door. Easily solved by screwing a short screw into the remaining part of contact. It has to be level with the other contacts (two) to be effective.
Hope this helps

Hi
I have checked all possibilities but still no joy :(
Swapped door contacts with another similar model but no luck

I too had this problem, first with a sliding door contact, which was replaced. More recently the drivers door had sagged on its hinges, which have now been replaced. However the constant banging shut of the door when it was low has cause the plastic covering of the catch to disintegrate and this now stops the central door locking. Rather than strip down the lock, we have taken the fuse out and lock manually. But our Doblo is on its last legs - so trying to stop spending.

I had this problem on mine several years ago. Turned out to be the grease used to lube the mechanism was thickening. I bought a large can of silicone lube spray & 'jetwashed' all the old grease away. Locks all work a treat now.

The spring used to push the lock closed isn't that powerful, slightest bit of resistance causes it to bounce back.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your reply Petedoblo2 and Sludgeguts

I have taken the central locking fuse out and all doors locks perfect manually

Back