Technical Central lock stopped

Currently reading:
Technical Central lock stopped

Dantelu

Hey folks. So I just bought this car, like a week ago. It's a Fiat Marea 1.8 2000.
I went to do a thorough clean up on it yesterday and when I finished, I decided
to put another stereo on it, it already had a pioneer installed, and the one I was installing was a USB capable pioneer as well... I thought: "that should be easy" But turned out that the plugs were not the same, a minor difference:(n) they're sort of upside down on the new one. I decided to cancel this exchange since I didn't have the proper equipment at hand, and I didn't want to make a mess on it. So decided to do it later and put back the old stereo until I could do the proper work on the new one.

***Start reading here to avoid the lengthy history ***
So then the stereo stopped working and the central lock stopped as well.:(
Since I was fiddling with the stereo wires my suspicion is that when I brought it out of the dashboard some other wire must have gotten loose or so.
So is there like a cable connection behind the glove box or so?
Can access it easily?
Can it be something else(theories)?
Is there also some of those weird cable connections?

Answer to any of those question and save my life!!:worship:

NOTE: Central lock is not working but the alarm is. :confused:It beeps and flashes the hazard lights and everything but the doors wont lock.

Thanks in advance. And may we all have a nice day mates.

Not just yet. I've noticed it this morning. Didn't really pay attention yesterday while locking the car. Will do as soon as I go home. I'm at work so no time to really look at it.
I think it may be the fuse. And since they all sort of use the same circuitry for the stereo. Dunno why tho.

Looked into the wiring diagrams. Fuse number 10 on diagrams is shared between radio and the receiver (its constant 12v providing power for radio clock and the receiver).

Not sure of physical location but it should be written behind the cover when you take it off.

I've solved it a while ago.
It was indeed the fuse you have just pointed out. I was looking into the fuses aand found a torched one. Thank you for your help.

Cheers.

I probably muat have bumped into two wires while exchanging the stereo.

Back