Technical cd changer for panda

Currently reading:
Technical cd changer for panda

dipole

Hi,
does anyone know about fitting a changer compatible with the standard non-mp3 head unit on the Panda?
I found a list on http://www.blaupunkt.com/de/7643385316_main.asp
which has the following codes
BP CD-Changer:
IDC A09
CDC A08
CDC A03

but where do these changers get mounted? in the boot or glovebox?

I'd almost prefer to fit an original equipment MP3 head unit but the price of them is €250.

Do you know the model number or have a picture of one for me to figure it out for myself.
I'm not worried about loosing the space in the glove box.

Has anyone seen a factory standard CD changer working on the OEM head unit?
For instance if it is a six disc changer how do you change disc number.
On my Rover 75 with OEM changer I just preset preset buttons 1 thru 6 to go to the desired disc.

Has anyone seen a factory standard CD changer working on the OEM head unit?
For instance if it is a six disc changer how do you change disc number.
On my Rover 75 with OEM changer I just preset preset buttons 1 thru 6 to go to the desired disc.

It fits in the glove box with a adpator, i fitted one to my 100hp, it then connects to a connecter that is cable tied to the airbag control unit.
To control the which disc is played you use the 1-6 numbers already on the head unit.

Have a look here u'll find a picture of what it looks like.

https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-new/133336-my-100hp-nearly-12-months-old-now.html

by the looks of those pictures it would be Bye, Bye glovebox! : )

5 discs in yours, so only preset buttons 1 to 5 work?

How much was the adapter and did you have to get a special wiring harness or is it a standard BlauPunkt part.

I assume you press the Source button on the head unit to switch over.

thanks by the way as this will be a good thread of benefit to others considering a cd changer too.

Last edited:
by the looks of those pictures it would be Bye, Bye glovebox! : )

5 discs in yours, so only preset buttons 1 to 5 work?

How much was the adapter and did you have to get a special wiring harness or is it a standard BlauPunkt part.

I assume you press the Source button on the head unit to switch over.

thanks by the way as this will be a good thread of benefit to others considering a cd changer too.

I think the facia plate was about £30 but it was nearly 2 years ago and not got the best of memories.

The changer i had i got from fiat, it came with a Blue plug with about 30cm of wire on it, to fit it you need to remove the glove box to access the connecter it plugs into as it is attached to the airbag control unit. Once plugged in the head unit should talk to it and yes you use the source button to use it as CD CHANGER will appear as a option.

I think the facia plate was about £30 but it was nearly 2 years ago and not got the best of memories.

The changer i had i got from fiat, it came with a Blue plug with about 30cm of wire on it, to fit it you need to remove the glove box to access the connecter it plugs into as it is attached to the airbag control unit. Once plugged in the head unit should talk to it and yes you use the source button to use it as CD CHANGER will appear as a option.

Hia i see you managed to buy a facia plate for the glove box randomly where did you get this from??

I have contacted my local Fiat dealer and they inform me that they carnt sell the facia seperatly.

Any ideas guys and gals??

will

Hia i see you managed to buy a facia plate for the glove box randomly where did you get this from??

I have contacted my local Fiat dealer and they inform me that they carnt sell the facia seperatly.

Any ideas guys and gals??

will

I brought it from my local dealer!!! Your dealer are telling you a load of crap they can sell it seperatly!!! Go back to them and give them some stick!!

I brought it from my local dealer!!! Your dealer are telling you a load of crap they can sell it seperatly!!! Go back to them and give them some stick!!

Nice one dude rang a difrent dealer up and they have quoted me a tenna delivered. Bargin.

Back