Technical Cat C Motorhome?

Currently reading:
Technical Cat C Motorhome?

Ronnie63

It's not I fiat but just wondered if buying a Cat C would raise any problems for insurance etc? this one had fibreglass damage I'm guessing to the overcab cone

Thanks Ronnie

It's not I fiat but just wondered if buying a Cat C would raise any problems for insurance etc? this one had fibreglass damage I'm guessing to the overcab cone

Thanks Ronnie
I would get firm insurance quotes using the Reg. Number before buying vehicle, also bear in mind if you try to sell the vehicle in the future it will heavily affect the price.
Some Insurance companies would refuse to insure also.:(

You'll always find an insurer to insure something, it's just the price of that, so check cost up front. I'd want to see images of the damage too, just to check, and obviously inspect it within an inch of its life, given the big enemy is always damp. Oh and get it cheap enough such that if you do need to sell on you don't take a bath, as bugsymike says.

Eyes-open Cat Cs can be a good buy, but buyer needs to beware even more than usual!

Thanks guys, it looks like it's been sold, it was a 2004 transit based motorhome for 16.5k

I’ve bought a few car N/C/salvage before and only once had an issue with higher insurance…

Thanks guys, it looks like it's been sold, it was a 2004 transit based motorhome for 16.5k
Just by way of a tip, CarVertical vehicle check site often has pictures of damage as part of its report. There's another one, more used by the trade, but darned if I can remember its name - someone will be along soon to tell you, I'm sure.

Thanks Ronnie
I was informed that the over cab section was called a "luton". The derivation was given that the hat makers of Luton used theat body shape for the transport of hats.

Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
The majority of our insurance schemes have no issues with previously written off vehicles.
Regards,
Dan.

Back