General Car Wash???

Currently reading:
General Car Wash???

Peanuts indeed. Those guys who polish car like that are truly nuts. I once went to a car show where the entrants even cleaned the tread on the car tyres with a toothbrush - anal or what? By all means they should keep their cars looking smart but they need to save some time to drive them.

:eek:

Attachments

• web1.jpg
    web1.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 43
if you want the crap scratched out of your car then yes use one.

Don't they have car washes without the brushes :confused:?

I'm thinking of taking mine to one in a few weeks. Must remember to bring the gaffa for the windows and some towels to mop up what comes through the tonneau seal :rolleyes:

I'll be washing the rest of the B by hand afterwards so I'm not too worried. I just want to take it through the car wash to get the salt off from underneath.

The gaffa will only be on the window and hood; it won't be touching the paint, so I'm not too worried. I taped the windows up last autumn before I went on a 2 weeks holiday, and it came off easily without leaving any marks.
On the other hand, when I taped up the boot lid it left a huge mark - but I was having it resprayed, so it didn't really matter :)

I took it through the washer today; gaffa on the windows, new seal (£7) where the hood meets the tonneu, a towel in the B - and next time I'm going to gaffa where the hood meets the windscreen :eek: And plug a hole in the hood next to the driver's seat. All in all half a pint of water in the B - but most importantly I've gotten rid of most of the salt (y)

Back