Canbus question please?

Currently reading:
Canbus question please?

petel

Established member
Greetings.

Now that so many of Fiats vehicles are fitted with Canbus, can anyone please advise:-

When the Canbus starts to go out of line ( eventually requiring a " proxy alignment " with dealer equipment to correct ) what is the first warning sign that the owner will notice?

Is there a particular system that starts to play up or is there an item which becomes erratic or fails to function?

I would have thought that there are now enough Canbus cars about for any pattern to have shown up and before anyone asks, I do not have a problem because none of my cars have Canbus.

Any constructive input would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Thank you both for your replies.

Can anyone please advise if this " flashing " of the mileage indicator is a factory thing, to alert mechanics to the possibility of an alignment problem?

Thank you.

Thank you both for your replies.

Can anyone please advise if this " flashing " of the mileage indicator is a factory thing, to alert mechanics to the possibility of an alignment problem?

Thank you.

Yes, it is, but it also serves to draw attention to a buyer/ owner that the dash is not related to the other electronics or at least does not necessarily represent the true mileage figure stored in the engine ecu.

FYI, the next version of fiatecuscan promises to offer proxy alignment to the masses!

Back