General Canadian 500x in Greece.

Currently reading:
General Canadian 500x in Greece.

Glossa500x

Greetings to all. I sent my 2016 500x to Greece from Canada,not knowing I can't get parts nor service for it through fiat in Greece.
I am looking for a mechanic that would be familiar with my vehicle here,or I have to ship it back to Canada.
Any help would be very appreciated

People bring vehicles with them overseas. My 500x made in Italy,I'm in Greece. If like in my case I have an issue,I'm told I have to ship my vehicle back to Canada,to have it Serviced,is the most ridiculous, upsetting,expensive thing I ever heard.
And customer service from both Canada and US has been 0,zero help.
Thank you for reaching out to me
Regards
Alex,in Greece

Sounds like the problem is the Greek mechanic, not the Canadian car.

If they have Fiat equipment, they should be able to find the car on the diagnostic systems, if they need to put it on diagnostic equipment.
If they don't have the pukka Fiat equipment then they should be able to scan it using scanning company diagnostic equipment.

Parts are ordered by part number.. I once managed to order a 5th gear cog pair from a French spec' car (1.9 diesel, which was never sold in the UK).

Oil is oil, lights and body panels are the same, engines are roughly the same (you might have extra anti-pollution clag on yours). I can't see what the problem is.

Ralf S.

If they have Fiat equipment, they should be able to find the car on the diagnostic systems, if they need to put it on diagnostic equipment.
If they don't have the pukka Fiat equipment then they should be able to scan it using scanning company diagnostic equipment.

Parts are ordered by part number.. I once managed to order a 5th gear cog pair from a French spec' car (1.9 diesel, which was never sold in the UK).

Oil is oil, lights and body panels are the same, engines are roughly the same (you might have extra anti-pollution clag on yours). I can't see what the problem is.

Ralf S.
Ralf,Thank you for reaching out to me.
This is what fiat.gr responded to me

Following your communication
we would like to inform you
that the specific car (VIN
ZFBCFYCT4GP357069, warranty
start date 08/09/2015) has been
built, equipped and type approved
for NAFTA region. This car has
different technical specifcations
compared to the same model for
EMEA region
FCA Greece MAE and authorized
Network provide spare parts and
service operations only for cars
type approved and sold in EMEA
region.
Due to the above-mentioned, we
are sorry, but we can't fulfil your
request.
Me ektihnon,
L
T

Well Fiat Greece were not very helpful.

Apart from vehicle specifications, trim and other cosmetic difference etc. one thing that is completely different (for some stange reason) is the US/Canada/NAFT parts number system which is completely different to that in Europe etc.

The European ePER system neither recognises NAFTA chassis numbers and the part number are completely different fo the same part.

Two essential links for you would be:

https://www.moparrepairconnect.com/
https://catalog.moparrepairconnect.com/

Putting your VIN into the parts system works and you have Year: 2016 Make: FIAT Model: 500X Engine: L4~2.4L~144~2360
This means you have the option, if an EU part does not fit or the part is only available for/in NAFTA, to look the part required up yourself, get a NAFTA part number and then contact a US/Canadian Fiat/Mopar agent and get a price and international delivery quotation.

Last edited:

Ralf S.
Parts will definitely be an issue for the engine they would have to be ordered the USA and with all import fees ect

I thing the us 500 may use the tigershark engine often fitted to jeeps in the state's may be wrong however

Back