Tuning can u put a turbo on a standard cinquecento ??????

Currently reading:
Tuning can u put a turbo on a standard cinquecento ??????

The kit, regardless whats said above wont work with a standard engine, not even a punto block... You will require a good engine, with loads of money spent on internal upgrades and fueling, mapping etc...

There simply is not a bolt on kit....

The only reason im answering this is because i too was asking questions like this years back when i started on the forum, however with a lot of reading, and learning (and mainly using the search function) ive had god knows how many cars, and done a few engine swaps myself.

As far as i understand you could low boost your engine... Cheaply you will require two headgaskets and a decompression plate, intercooler, manifold, turbo, money to set up aftermarket engine management, rolling road time, uprated injectiors, possibly fuel pump.. and a good wedge of cash for when it all goes bang, and you require a new engine... To be honest, not worth the time or money.

If your serious about an engine swap and want something fairly quick, go down the route of a punto 85 engine (1.2 16v)... Ive had two of these engine swaps in the past... One was done before i bought it, the other i built myself... Not really hard to do to be honest, just the wiring, but to be fair it was far from difficult if you have the ecu, code box and key from the punto it came from...

Best bang for £££

Please whatever you do, dont buy that sh*te turbo kit... and start using the search a bit more!

Merry xmas bud

RC was being sarcastic Terry.

Merry Christmas to you too :)

Ok, why would u turbo it if its not a sporting and have a stock engine running a turbo when you wont be able to have any boost. If u wanna put one on and have no boost and waste fuel then gO for it, burn yer pistons to death while ur there innit.

Back