can i get money of??

Currently reading:
can i get money of??

from today i been driving for ayear i dont have any ncd becouse im on my dads insurance does anyone think if i ring up the aa i could get some money off the cover i have now as having a licence for a year with or without ncd does make a big differents at my age if they say no ill just start a new policy witch well be about £400 cheaper

:) with a tottenham post code n15 or n17 your going to get clobbered. only way is get older fast or build up a decent ncb.
try bell direct with a bonus accelerator policy, you get your first years ncb after 10 mths....
i had the same problem in london, no ncb nw5 post code and 8 grands worth of panda.
(y)

change company to either direct line or norwich union, i think direct line gives you no claims with any company? norwich union give inhouse no claims. be a named driver on your dads policy with norwich union for a year then take out insurance in your own name.

my insurance when im 18 is 1150 with flux if i spend £200 doing pass plus. im swapping my grandads car insurance over to my car for the remaining 6 months then taking out insurance in my own name with norwich union for £820

just make sure your car is in your dads name(y)

just a note to the fronting police - if insurance prices were reasonable we wouldnt need to resort to this, however if you feel like donating £600 or so im more than happy to be insured in my own name(y) (my paypal is [email protected])

sam:)

get a small cheap car = cheaper insurance. Im 22, passed test in feb 08 so not been driving a year yet and i insured a small 106 1.1 for £600. Being a female makes it a bit cheaper for me but as a new driver i thought that was pretty good considering i just passed my test! Then i discovered i could insure a 306 1.9 diesel for a few quid more so changed to a bigger car a few months later! Was my uncle that told me insurance was still fairly cheap on the bigger diesels otherwise i wouldnt have even looked thinking it would cost far too much if it was expensive on even a 1.2 petrol!

just do loads of insurance quotes and see who comes up the best using the comparison websites. There are quite a few websites to check out.

get a small cheap car = cheaper insurance. Im 22, passed test in feb 08 so not been driving a year yet and i insured a small 106 1.1 for £600. Being a female makes it a bit cheaper for me but as a new driver i thought that was pretty good considering i just passed my test! Then i discovered i could insure a 306 1.9 diesel for a few quid more so changed to a bigger car a few months later! Was my uncle that told me insurance was still fairly cheap on the bigger diesels otherwise i wouldnt have even looked thinking it would cost far too much if it was expensive on even a 1.2 petrol!

just do loads of insurance quotes and see who comes up the best using the comparison websites. There are quite a few websites to check out.
being a woman makes it half the price(n)(sexist) my insureance now with my dad and his 8years ncd is still £1700 on the punto when i had a cinq it was £1000 if i get my own insureance even on a cinq it would be £2800 or just under £4000 on the punto:bang: and im not paying that much i would drive without insureance b4 paying that

change company to either direct line or norwich union, i think direct line gives you no claims with any company? norwich union give inhouse no claims. be a named driver on your dads policy with norwich union for a year then take out insurance in your own name.

sam:)

being my age and living in london means there can be from £100 to £6000 different in my quotes the next cheapist quote i got from the £1700 im paying now was £2500 i tryed norwich and direct line they wonted around £4000:eek: thats with my dad

Have you tried adding your dad as a named driver. It should bring your premium down. The less likely you are going to be driving the car as new driver the cheaper it should be.

Aslong as your dad hasnt any convictions etc. Try that and see what you get.

I brought the premium down on OH insurance being a named driver on his policy. He is 31 and and full NCB and i am 26 and i still brought the premium down.

:) with a tottenham post code n15 or n17 your going to get clobbered. only way is get older fast or build up a decent ncb.
try bell direct with a bonus accelerator policy, you get your first years ncb after 10 mths....
i had the same problem in london, no ncb nw5 post code and 8 grands worth of panda.
(y)
its not becouse of tottenham postcode its just becouse its a london postcode:bang: and its ballocks anyway becouse nufink ever happens around hear

Have you tried adding your dad as a named driver. It should bring your premium down. The less likely you are going to be driving the car as new driver the cheaper it should be.

Aslong as your dad hasnt any convictions etc. Try that and see what you get.

I brought the premium down on OH insurance being a named driver on his policy. He is 31 and and full NCB and i am 26 and i still brought the premium down.
the £2800 on a cinq was with him as a name driver and the punto one:(

what you could do is carry on with your dads in insurance and buy an utter shed that stays on your drive that costs peanuts to insure. insure TPFT and leave it there until you have built up some no claims.

You would need to do some research on what would be a dirt cheap car. If its sat on your drive then it shouldnt cost anything to keep. But its only worth doing if you can get insurance cheap enough. May be worth scouting about.

what you could do is carry on with your dads in insurance and buy an utter shed that stays on your drive that costs peanuts to insure. insure TPFT and leave it there until you have built up some no claims.

You would need to do some research on what would be a dirt cheap car. If its sat on your drive then it shouldnt cost anything to keep. But its only worth doing if you can get insurance cheap enough. May be worth scouting about.
iv not got a drive and there is not a car in the world that i could insure on my own for less then £2000

My son put me on his insurance and it came down almost 50quid an month!!!! makes you look more responcible , my insurance has my mun n dad on it and it certanly helped bring the price down through Budget.
Joker

tim .. did u say under 4000 and ur 19 ?
im 17 with the same car, and im 3200 .. and thats on my own policy, i thought i was dear, but u would be gettin ripped off for that amount, being 19 :|!

Back