Technical Can anyone diagnose this Airbag fault?

Currently reading:
Technical Can anyone diagnose this Airbag fault?

Only a month into stilo ownership and I've got problems. I know airbag threads get started all the time, but my symptoms don't exactly match that of the OCS sensor fault, but i do get the passenger airbag light flash.

Heres what happens, it started about a week ago;
When I start the car, I get the amber passenger airbag light flash about a dozen times, and after the dash displays done 'checking', It comes up with airbag fault and the red airbag light illuminates. This then stay on permanently. About 15seconds into driving, the dash will beep three times, remind me of the airbag fault and tell me to stop the engine. If a passenger gets in, the amber light will flash another dozen times.

I've had a clean of the connectors and actually disassembled both halves and tightened the female pins to get a good tight connection between the halves. Still no luck. Is this an OCS problem?

No this is not an OCS problem. It can be one of your (possibly) 8 airbags, 3 impact sensors or the airbag ECU.

Your OCS is showing healthy signs - as you describe.

Get your Stilo to a garage and get them to do a scan with the Examiner. This will narrow down the fault area.

I had th same behavior from my car to. If i was alone it started flashing the amber light and in the end of flashing the airbag failure message popped up. Then drove a bit to start working again. Few miles later, the same attitude!

Finally i changed the OCS. And now everything is OK.

It actually had a mind of its own. With nothing on the passengers seat, it started checking the passengers weight! Hunted i tell you!
lol

Wahooo! Airbag lights gone out for the first time in over a week! All it seems to be is the connector behind the flap in the top of the glovebox. This flaps always falling down. just happened to push it up to put something in the glovebox and the light went out! I hope this is it, easy fix if it is :D

Just bought a KKL diagnostics cable about 2 hrs ago too... ahh well, it'll come in usefull! Maybe to track that Engine Fault light that came on for 3 min the other day... no codes on my other code reader for it tho, so maybe a fluke.

I hope all these little problems arn't a sign of things to come!

Back