General camshaft housing

Currently reading:
General camshaft housing

smokey14

when attaching the housing to the head I snug the bolts down and the shaft turns, but when I torque the bolts to 14lbs the shaft turns about half way and stops in both directions. any help will be appreciated

when attaching the housing to the head I snug the bolts down and the shaft turns, but when I torque the bolts to 14lbs the shaft turns about half way and stops in both directions. any help will be appreciated
If this is with the cylinder head on the engine I suspect valve timing, so I would double check first that to ensure no damage occurs as in valves hitting pistons.

I figured out what I had done wrong, I set the timing mark on the crankshaft and then as an afterthought I was trying to check the valve shim clearance without the timing belt on and when I tried to turn the camshaft the valve was against #4 piston. I don't think I put enough pressure on the valve to bend it but I think maybe I should check them.

I figured out what I had done wrong, I set the timing mark on the crankshaft and then as an afterthought I was trying to check the valve shim clearance without the timing belt on and when I tried to turn the camshaft the valve was against #4 piston. I don't think I put enough pressure on the valve to bend it but I think maybe I should check them.
Easily done, just hope no damage.:)

Back