Camping in The Lakes

Currently reading:
Camping in The Lakes

So can anyone recommend any decent camping sites in The lakes? Im particulary looking for around windermere areaish as i know round there pretty well. But i also like the area around bassenthwaite and so on.

Only ever stayed in hotels and cabins/houses when up in the area so dont know much on the camping side of things.

Was thinking of going around easter during one of the weekends. I have looked at the National park ones like Great Langdale but still would like a few more ideas.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I camped in Conniston a couple of years ago... its very pretty but thaats about all. I can't remember the name of the campsite though... so i'm not really much help. I also stayed in Ullswater a few years ago, but we had a hotel there, that was a really nice little village as well

Sidefarm in patterdale has shower and toilets, but it's on a fairly steep farm - I spent the night curled up at the bottom of my sleeping bag! It gets very muddy and there's rocks all over the grassy camping areas :(

Sykeside farm just down the road however is camping and caravaning club so it's got perfectly flat bowling green tent pitches really awesome toilet and shower block on site shop and it's got a pub / restaurant too! :slayer:

I can also recommend the layby oposite the White Lion (Patterdale) the road isn't too busy for a good nights kip and the public toilets just the other side of the white lions car park are open all night and heated! However remember not to have the keys inside the vehicle with you if you've had a pint or several ;) :slayer:

Back