Technical bytes and proxy

Currently reading:
Technical bytes and proxy

Hi all
As we all know the secrets around Fiat and how they like to protect their coding by using a Secure Gateway to stop people adding features to their pride and joy unlike BMW and VAG where you can code in new lights or make the windows go up with the fob etc.

anyway I have been messing being the operative word for a few months with no real luck to code in some factory LED daytime running lights off a different model vehicle as mine is a 22 plate campervan ducato and I did do it found the coding to change on Multiecuscan and also AlfaOBD however didn't make a backup as I forgot to tick the little box that logs things so I am a little stuck with an engine light and flashing ODOmeter as this is a sign of a mismatched Proxy alignment, so if anyone knows anything about the Bytes and the values that would be amazing.

failing that I will just go though all of them and extend a string of bytes until I sort it.

for those who don't know what this is stay away as its a minefield and I wish I had never taken on this challenge, but I am sure someone has the solution to this

just in case any one is wondering how to back up his proxi file

Yes i have messed about with vagcom and changed my skoda centre display to wagon (estate car) and to the Austrailian setup to get a large kph set up in centre then change to MPH. great fun ( and scary) but i read the warnings about saving at every **** about.

Back to your current situation, your van is far too different too mine for my data to be of any help.
In your position i would back up at every change starting with now and document every change.
1 try a proxi alignment if pass celebrate if fail next line
Remove one ecu (connection only)
line 1
Remove next ecu (connection only)
line 1
until you get it right then add one ecu at a time not forgeting to save at each pass.

Back