General BYE BYE STILO

Currently reading:
General BYE BYE STILO

darrelhalfyard

Well all,

Got rid of my Fiat Stilo Abarth over the weekend!!! After a year of nothing but problems and dealers who did not have an clue it was time to go.

Such a shame as it was a nice car. However now that I have an different car. New Vectra 3.2 V6 GSI I find how BAD the car really is.

Speed wise the Vectra make the Abarth feel like your driving an bus. But it's a bigger engine.

But the biggest difference how badly the abarth handles on bends!!! God the Vauxhall puts it to shame.

Anyhow would like to say thanks to all of you as this forum has really been helpful to solve problems that have occured the Abarth.

Wish you all the best and I hope the car keeps running for many years. But I don't think so..lol

Take care.

Ex - Abarth owner.

Yellow 3 door Abarth!

oups! there goes the first one!:(

Sorry to see you go.

pantelis
2002 Stilo 80 Active, no alloys, no power tuning, tinted windows, love the sky window though!

The Vectra might handle better and go a bit better but what a dull looking car. You've assigned yourself to repmobile family car land.

What a shame.

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth

Hi Darrel
sorry to see ya go!
i hope your vectra will give u lots of happy miles and that you will let us know how its going.

Take care and thanks for all your advice
I do agree with you that fiat dealers don't know what they r talking about, lol

Bev

5dr abarth metallic scilla red

I read somewhere "To own an Italian car you must be crazy with Italian cars".
I agree with all of you that dealers don't have a clue and all they care is to take your money once (when you buy the car). But Darrel F360 Mondena is also better than Stilo. You can compare a class C car and a class D car.
Take care and hope your new car doesn't give a hard time.
PS: After all Opel,Vauxhall,Daewoo owned by General Motors which holds 30% of FIAT group. :p

Andreas (CY)
Fiat Stilo Black 1.6 3Door Dynamic, 16''Alloys

I'm glad you are happy with your new car and I hope you continue to be so. But a vectra [?] :p

in bocca al lupo with your new vectra...

your Stilo was only one of the first, maybe with too problems...

2,4 L5 isn't a monster of power, but maybe in future will out a 2000 turbo version!! Darrel maybe in future you could sit down another on an Abarth...

It's unofficial, but Fiat thinks to return on world rally championship in 2005, with a Stilo WRC!!!

ciao :) !

---------------------------
Fiat Brava 1.4 12v sx

Well, rallying won´t be that difficult, Stilo´s are used to being serviced each time when you have driven them.

Abarth 3d Black Moire + 17" + cdc + "718" + Sebring TS4

LEAD can you post any pics of your ally sill protectors & which grille did you order from merkur? I quite fancy the metal grilly thing (which one is that on the order form?). I had my windows tinted & a kerbed alloy (useless tw*t) repaired by Carcare systems for less than 300 squid. any alloy damage is charged at £40 & I cannot see where the repair has been done.

Yellow 3 Dr Stilo Abarth. 17" 3 spoke Sports Alloys, CD Changer, Tinted Windows, & Full Spec.

https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1351

It's the 'touring' grille.

I'll see what I can do about the sill pics.:)

/me takes a breath

Are you happy with the tints? Do they do different 'grades'? Was it a mobile service? Did you tell your insurance company, if so, did it effect your premium?

Back