General Bye Bye Sold My Barchetta

Currently reading:
General Bye Bye Sold My Barchetta

Hi all

Just wanted to say thanks, good luck and bye to you all.

After 3mths of heart ache with my B she has been sold. I can no longer go on shelling out on her, petrol is to high and my stress is not worth it.

So just wanted to check out.

Barchetta sold - New VW Passat bought. Yeah yeah I know I am getting old....

Cheers all and have loads of fun this summer.:slayer:

£1250 for the car, but she is almost dead and rust is coming through on one side.

Needs some work to make her perfect again so thought I'd stop now spending the £££££££££££££'s

Have took loads of stuff off and stuck on ebay.

has anyone noticed how difficult it has become to put an ebay barchetta search together with 'rochford tyres' flooding the place with wheels .. they've put their name in the image, and not mentioned wheels or alloys etc in the description .. and they don't even fit a Barchetta without bodge bolts! There's pages and pages of them and it's bloody annoying.
rant over.

I bought some wheels from them. They did fit however IMO their customer service is not good.

CAR ECU has gone so I can not PX!!! Ebay is the only place.
:confused::confused:

See - Item number: 190517530968:slayer:

Sorry to see you had sell the B.... You have done a hell of alot of impressive work on her and as you said she is unique! I'll always love the look of the front bumper having no joint with the body :)

Even with the rust and ECU issues someone will get a nice car if they can fix it....

I'm sure you have looked at all options ie getting replacement ECU, locks, etc from barchettaparts, etc before selling her off cheap.

I guess there is a point when you just have to draw a line spending money on an old car (I'm probably like you and have spent more on a car than I paid for it. knowing well that you will nver get the money back in the sale)!!!

Looking at the price of fuel / road tax in the UK at the moment I can well understand getting rid of the B... I normally manage about 350 km per tank :eek:

On the bright side fuel is cheeper here.... on the down side Uk is more politically stable (even with the feckwits that are in charge of the country at the moment and all of their so called "cuts")

B has been parked up in a secure location for the last month.... Nothing like sitting at the trafic lights with the top down to see tanks rolling past to dampen your spirits :(

I'm sure you will treat your VW with the same care and respect that you have given to your B.

Hopefully you will still drop by once in a while and say Hi? Even if you sell your B remember you have helped alot of people and made alot of friends on this forum.

Good luck

Wayne

Nino,

Just bought some roof rubbers and and a roof trim cover - just missed out on the windstop :(

Thanks for all your help here over the years. Perhaps we will see you again when you take another kick at the can so to speak!

Kerry

Nino,

Just bought some roof rubbers and and a roof trim cover - just missed out on the windstop :(

Thanks for all your help here over the years. Perhaps we will see you again when you take another kick at the can so to speak!

Kerry

i have a windstop for sale, pm me if you want it.

Back